GTG just north of Barrie

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
Saturday, Oct 15. Anyone interested, let me know. Location is actually about 18 klics north of Barrie just off Hyw 11. Coffee will be fresh. I have a compressor, floor jack and a pair of axle stands, for anyone wanting to do some work.
I personally have interest in speaking with owners of performance moded cars...i.e. chips, nozzles, fmic, turbos, further suspension development. An Upsoluted or RC'd PD would be of particular interest.

Sweeps

Veteran Member
TDI
None currently. MK4/5/6 Jetta's in the past.
Not sure of my schedule, but I would certainly like to come, I will need an oil change right around that time as well.
I'd be interested in hearing from modded owners as well.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
I MIGHT be able to make it. Heading up to a friend's cottage either that weekend or the weekend afterwards. I wouldn't count on me showing up, though, as things usually happen last min with my friends.

sudburytdiguy

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Jetta, Platinum Grey
That would be some fun. I don't really have anything to do on my jetta but would be some fun to meet up. A PD car with some tuning would be sweet since that might be my next mod come spring time.

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
I'm in. Let's hope the summer-like weather continues.

As for others, I think Wingnut (Nigel) should be there., as well as Vic F , ProPal because of there fairly heavily modded cars and of course there are plenty of others.

The Barrie contingent Lnxguy, NewVR, TDI Darryl, Pharoah, Sweeps, Jeff Hunter (from Orillia), should make an effort to attend.

HOpe we have a great turn out.

Wingnut

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Silver 2003 Jetta Wagon
Unfortunately, these events have all been on Saturdays all summer and I work Saturdays, so I won't be able to make this one either. The next Sunday GTG and will be there for sure.

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
well, we can always make it the Sundaay instead if that is easier for folks...no matter to me.

PharoahTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
None
Hey! I would love to drop by but again I will not be home.

Update: I will be home on Sunday and able to attend if that is the day.

ProPAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Bora TDI GLS Black/Black & 2003 Golf TDI GLS Silver/Black
Sorry Guys I can make it that weekend since I'll be camping in Algonquin Park from Saturday to Monday. One of these GTG's will eventually fit my schedule and I will make it out again!!

Good news on the wheel front! At the last GTG @ my place I mentioned to the guys I needed an extra set of wheels and that same week I found a guy on Vortex selling OEM VW Longbeach 17's in excellent condition. So now I need to add that upgrade to the mod list!

Regards

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
400 north...at the 400/11 split, take 11 about another 20 klics...13 klics south of Orillia, half a klic up from the lake and 2 klics off highway 11. To put a time perspective...I do from the house to Keele and Finch in about 55 minutes driving 115 maybe 120.

Toronto_Vento

Top Post Dawg
TDI
01 Baltic Green Bora
Uh, how about a little more detailed description? I mean, what exit does one take, which direction to go, etc? Maybe a postal code to be able to look you up on Mapquest or something.

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
it was a long night at work last night.

Hyw 11 to the 10th line of Oro. you can only turn right. after stopping for the stop sign, proceed straight through to #667...3 car garage on the left hand side about 2 klics from the highway in total.

kostyas

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf 99.5
Actually, sorry for disturbing the consensus but... is it possible to push it one week further?

I don't know about anybody else but I planned to install a skid plate (along with zerostart), purchased at the recent GB. I've just realized that the next Monday is not a business day so even if Neil sends those today there is almost no chance we receive them before the event

ProPAL

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Bora TDI GLS Black/Black & 2003 Golf TDI GLS Silver/Black
I'll back you on the date move also Kostyas. The weekend after works for me much better. But for now I know the 15th has been long agreed upon.

We should start planning the November GTG that way no other plans get in the way GTG. Usually the reason I can never make it is the dates are decided to late and I usually already have plans!

OhMagoo

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Jetta, '05 Passat
so the options are
Sat Oct 15
Sun Oct 15
Sat Oct 22
Sun Oct 23

place your votes...

Muggins

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf GL 4dr 5spd
Sat. Oct. 15th & Sun. Oct. 16 are the only viable options, keeping in mind this is basically an outdoor GTG & you're pushing your luck backing the date up any farther.

Wazobia

TDI
2002 GLS TDI
I'll vote for 22/23. Hopefully that day would be okay for majority because I'll love to attend this great event.

Vik F

Veteran Member
TDI
nil
dang mang...PICK a date already...y'all are worse than a buch of women
jks

if i am free, i'll be there.

keep an eye out for the annual " T.O. TDI fest fall fun run "

l8s