Gtb2260 gaskets

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
Hi!

I dont find much when i search, so need to ask..

I understad that it usualy is no gaskets between turbo and manifold/ turbo and DP on Gtb 2260 vk, but is it always like that? Im finaly fitting my turbo on my Audi A3 and it feels better to use gaskets then no gaskets. So... If there is any part numbers for this, do anyone got them?

-Theo

PRA4WX

Veteran Member
TDI
1Zzzzzzzz
Well timed. As I was inspecting the exhaust and IM mani's for leaks i was wondering if people,are getting away w/o gaskets at the turbo/EM side. Also i cut an oil return gasket. Anybody have that part number or source for oil return gasket state side?

devonutopia

Top Post Dawg
TDI
PD300 Skoda Fabia
Using a gasket kit, you could probably cut your own to suit, if you feel more at ease with a gasket. Mine's been fine just using a bit of exhaust paste.

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
if both surfaces are good, I always found a gasket to be redunant.. oem usually use a copper or kind of stainless filled oring at the manifold. but if surfaces are tru the amount of leakage will be so marginal the effect will not be noticeable at all

majesty78

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Superb 3T5 CFFB
Audi OEM uses an aluminium o-ring between manifold and GTB2260/1756 turbo.
Ring groove is in manifold.

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
Thanks guys!

My manifold have a 10mm flenge of bad quality steel so im a bit afraid it will bend after some time. I´ll look into copper/alu "o-ring" like stock then. Should be possible to buy from VAG i guess... and just mill a ring for it in manifold.

Took away turbo from a Audi A6 2,0 PD TDI engine before and on that engine it was nothing between mani and turbo, just straight flenges.

ryanp

Vendor
TDI
Arosa CR - 550hp - 9.7 @ 150mph 1/4 Mile, Citigo 4x4 CR TDi - 340hp, Caddy 2.0 CR 4x4 TDI - 300+hp, Golf Mk2 Van 1.9 TDI - was 290hp, Mk5 Ibiza 2.0 FR TDi - 270hp, BMW 135d - 360hp, BMW 330d - 335hp, BMW 335d - 380hp + a few more ........
I have lots of the stock audi o-rings, i never had luck with them but can send them out for shipping cost alone to save them going to waste, VW price is £6/$10.

Stock 1.9/2.0 have no gasket!

Ry

Whitbread

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
Several
I have .040" copper gaskets water jetted out with the flange pattern of whatever I'm working with. They're cheap and work fantastically on everything so far.