GT2559v Upgrade, The work Has Started!

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
hatemi said:
I would highly recomend GT2256V or as turbomaster states it GT2556V from VW LT truck. Fast spool and good for 220hp and 240ihs when head and cam are better than stock. And with smoke comparable to a stock diesel car! A mate run 14.2 some time ago with that turbo and might do better now when its tuned. No smoke and all the fuel 10mm pump+12mm head +R520 can deliver!
So it's from the 2.8L one? not the 2252v from 150ps T4 unit AHY or AXG?

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Yes its from the larger engine. The turbine is the same as the T4 unit, but the housing has better flow capabilities. My last hybrid version of it had ~46mm turbine but still had a 56mm exducer compressor. The wheel was a custom one tough so only one who knows what it was originally is the turbo maker. All I know it was some larger wheel that whas laythed to 56mm.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
Yes its from the larger engine. The turbine is the same as the T4 unit, but the housing has better flow capabilities. My last hybrid version of it had ~46mm turbine but still had a 56mm exducer compressor. The wheel was a custom one tough so only one who knows what it was originally is the turbo maker. All I know it was some larger wheel that whas laythed to 56mm.

clcollins

TDI
Audi A3 TDI Sport Quattro
Interesting to follow your work elisauk98, I have the same work ahead of me, have a new GT2056V sat on my table at home, difficult to know where to start. Have bought another exhaust manifold, need to get the flange altered, fit the turbo to it and then have a look at what else needs to be changed.

I may have missed it in the posts, where are you going for a re-map?

eliasuk98

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 1.9 sports 130pd
clcollins,
will you be carrying the work out yourself? what type of power gains are you after? havent decided who im going to use for a remap, but ive got a mate of mine that will be establishing a new diesel tuning company so looks promising. it will be west midlands based so not too far from you.. regards remap well if he isnt open soon enough theres another guy i think based in walsall, he provided a live remap, meaning he'll sit in the passenger seat with his laptop pluged in for true readings.. im tempted to go for that route..

Last edited:

Stef@n82

Veteran Member
TDI
VW Polo 9N 1.9 TDI-PD
damn that thing is huge! will generally spool until the rev-limiter´s in charge?:D

clcollins

TDI
Audi A3 TDI Sport Quattro
eliasuk98 said:
clcollins,
will you be carrying the work out yourself? what type of power gains are you after? havent decided who im going to use for a remap, but ive got a mate of mine that will be establishing a new diesel tuning company so looks promising. it will be west midlands based so not too far from you.. regards remap well if he isnt open soon enough theres another guy i think based in walsall, he provided a live remap, meaning he'll sit in the passenger seat with his laptop pluged in for true readings.. im tempted to go for that route..

Hi, yeah I’m going to fit the turbo myself, if it goes horribly wrong I have a mechanic friend to call upon for help.

I’ve have had a remap previously and that was done ‘remotely’, I want it ‘live’ this time, wasn't too happy despite a couple of tweeks, however Alligator gets lots of praise so I may try him.

I'd like to see a solid and reliable 200 - 220bhp.

I’m replacing the suspension this weekend, KW adjustable rear tie arms and KW coilovers.

Last edited:

FABIATDI220HP

TDI
SKODA FABIA RS
no lag with your VNT2559!

HI are you serious? i have fitted a GT2259V on my ASZ ENGINE and i have a lag between 1000 an 3000 rpm!!! and when i try to drive as usual, ECU gives me a default code as "regulation limit not reached " and engine runs lean with no boost!! i need to stop and restart engine! it seems N75 can't activate actuator fast enough or the turbo is too big did you experience such a problem i think i will replace N75 but not sure to solve problem anyone have an idea please? can you please send me other pics of your install i f runing now thanks

vwmikel

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
FABIATDI220HP said:
HI are you serious? i have fitted a GT2259V on my ASZ ENGINE and i have a lag between 1000 an 3000 rpm!!! and when i try to drive as usual, ECU gives me a default code as "regulation limit not reached " and engine runs lean with no boost!! i need to stop and restart engine! it seems N75 can't activate actuator fast enough or the turbo is too big did you experience such a problem i think i will replace N75 but not sure to solve problem anyone have an idea please? can you please send me other pics of your install i f runing now thanks
Your problems can be alleviated with tuning.

FABIATDI220HP

TDI
SKODA FABIA RS
french antilles in the caribean :eek: if you know someone i think i will send him my ecu rog by mail !! it the simple way i think

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
FABIATDI220HP said:
french antilles in the caribean :eek: if you know someone i think i will send him my ecu rog by mail !! it the simple way i think
I could talk to some friends in Portugal which should be easier than sending it to the US.

Edit - maybe not. I looked at a map and I think the US is closer.

FABIATDI220HP

TDI
SKODA FABIA RS
ok thanks i am about to replace my GT2259 A/R 61 by a GT 25 with A/R 64 before what do you think about it it seems to have better spool and replace stock PD nozzles by 783 race do you think 300 HP can be reach with all this mods

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
FABIATDI220HP said:
ok thanks i am about to replace my GT2259 A/R 61 by a GT 25 with A/R 64 before what do you think about it it seems to have better spool and replace stock PD nozzles by 783 race do you think 300 HP can be reach with all this mods
300hp is a tall order to fill. Are both of these VNT turbos that you're talking about?

Rub87

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Ibiza '99 90HP
Martinique is no where near France, lol did you guy's ever pay attention in geography lessons :D

vwmikel

TDI
'94 Golf Sport TDI
Rub87 said:
Martinique is no where near France, lol did you guy's ever pay attention in geography lessons :D
Hey, I know where most things are but I can't say I ever paid much attention to all of those little Carribean islands. And he said French which made me think it was somehow closer to France but that's what I get for thinking. :D

TheoSweden

Veteran Member
TDI
A3Q,A4Q, Passat Biturbo TDI
Rub87 said:
hehehe:D I was thinking like Mike, and did only look at France in his text.

Infact geography was intersting in school, and I still think.

Well, I can recommend this tuner anyway, if you dont have anyone close to make a "live" remapp at.

FABIATDI220HP

TDI
SKODA FABIA RS
Hi to all it seems that Martinique is a good geography subject :D here whe speak french and we depends on FRANCE state and we work a lot with tuners from france or belgium as ywhat im seaou know an email with a file can make all around the world so :) i would like to have some advice i will fit the GT25 A/R 64 if someone can tell me max power i can output with race PD nozzles