Grand Opening Celebration Wild Rose Motors,Ltd.'s New Facility

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
I would like to announce a grand opening celebration for the opening of the new facility for Wild Rose Motors,Ltd.

I am attempting to arrange for a great local jazz guitarist musician named Steve Oliver. Check out: www.steveolivermusic.com for details. Steve won the International Musicians Award in 1996.

This event is free of charge and all are welcome. There will be a fabulous surprise regarding a special BB-Q food item and also other stuff to eat and drink. Trust me, you will never forget how absolutely delicious this special BB-Q food was at this event!;)

This will be a BYO situation regarding adult beverages due to possible liability issues. I will of course, have ginger ale on ice.;)

Most of you already know that Wild Rose Motors,Ltd. is an authorized Aligator chip tuning distributor and most also know that we must do very dangerous, high speed Vag-Com logging in order to provide you with this custom tune file. Therefore, we will not be performing tunes at this GTG. We are going to eventually acquire a very special dyno and will have GTG's for that purpose in the future. As a matter of fact, I heard it through the grapevine that once we acquire this dyno, Mark Malone of Diesel Inside and the one and only Aligator himself from Eurpoe will attend and we will be tuning like no others.;)

We figured this should be mainly a social celebration event with the exception of some minor cirricular activities such as injector nozzel installs, high-performance discussions and consultation, and other minor tid bits, fixes, or diagnosis.

Club member Al Levy (aka: West Coast Resident) will be the administrator of this gathering. Please contact Al via PM only and please do so if you plan to attend so we can properly guage the amount of food and drink. Al will be posting periodically with updates. Date of event is tentatively set for Feb. 07, 2009. Later!

Last edited:

Harvieux

TDI
aja8888 said:
Date of event?:confused:
Brain fart there, eh?:rolleyes: Tentatively set for Saturday Feb. 07, 2009 and only tentative due to scheduling of Steve Oliver. Later!

rdkern

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Passat 1997 silver (sold after 11 years), Jetta 2000 atlantic blue
Harv - you mean others won't get to experience that spacious office of yours.:D:D:D

Wish I could afford the time to get there. Enjoy it.

tothemax

Top Post Dawg
TDI
TDIs: 2003 Jetta, 2016 Q5 3.0
I wish you Good luck w/ your new location and your business Harvieux, I will stop by for sure next time I am down in LA to see your shop and to meet you personally. I cannot unfortunately make it down on the Feb 9th. I have heard lotsa great things about you and your shop.

My big question is when are you opening your Nor Cal location? The Bay Area is like a total desert for good and reasonably priced TDI mechanics. Our only two options right now seem to go up to Oregon to see Rich and Justin or go down to LA to you.

I wish you a huge success at your new location and hope to see you open something here in NorCal.

Keep up the good work!

P

Harvieux said:
I would like to announce a grand opening celebration for the opening of the new facility for Wild Rose Motors,Ltd.

I am attempting to arrange for a great local jazz guitarist musician named Steve Oliver. Check out: www.steveolivermusic.com for details. Steve won the International Musicians Award in 1996.

This event is free of charge and all are welcome. There will be a fabulous surprise regarding a special BB-Q food item and also other stuff to eat and drink. Trust me, you will never forget how absolutely delicious this special BB-Q food was at this event!;)

This will be a BYO situation regarding adult beverages due to possible liability issues. I will of course, have ginger ale on ice.;)

Most of you already know that Wild Rose Motors,Ltd. is an authorized Aligator chip tuning distributor and most also know that we must do very dangerous, high speed Vag-Com logging in order to provide you with this custom tune file. Therefore, we will not be performing tunes at this GTG. We are going to eventually acquire a very special dyno and will have GTG's for that purpose in the future. As a matter of fact, I heard it through the grapevine that once we acquire this dyno, Mark Malone of Diesel Inside and the one and only Aligator himself from Eurpoe will attend and we will be tuning like no others.;)

We figured this should be mainly a social celebration event with the exception of some minor cirricular activities such as injector nozzel installs, high-performance discussions and consultation, and other minor tid bits, fixes, or diagnosis.

Club member Al Levy (aka: West Coast Resident) will be the administrator of this gathering. Please contact Al via PM only and please do so if you plan to attend so we can properly guage the amount of food and drink. Al will be posting periodically with updates. Date of event is tentatively set for Feb. 07, 2009. Later!

Harvieux

TDI
tothemax said:
I wish you Good luck w/ your new location and your business Harvieux, I will stop by for sure next time I am down in LA to see your shop and to meet you personally. I cannot unfortunately make it down on the Feb 9th. I have heard lotsa great things about you and your shop.

My big question is when are you opening your Nor Cal location? The Bay Area is like a total desert for good and reasonably priced TDI mechanics. Our only two options right now seem to go up to Oregon to see Rich and Justin or go down to LA to you.

I wish you a huge success at your new location and hope to see you open something here in NorCal.

Keep up the good work!

P
Thanks for the kind words. Please do stop in when you are in the area. Later!

Harvieux

TDI
Yahooooooooo! It's official! I just got confirmation that Steve Oliver and one of his prime percussionist musicians will be performing for us on that Saturday the 7th of Feb. I urge you to go to his website at: www.steveolivermusic.com and check out the video example and also check out the pictures showing some of his worldwide performances. I don't know if most of you punks here "wink" would know musicians such as Al Dimeola, John McGlothlin (sp) , George Benson, or Paco Delucia but, those are the closest I can explain regarding what quality of a musician we will have performing for us here.

Al, sorry about the no pole dancers but, we may still have some in-house dyno day GTG's in the future and then we can talk pole dancers, baby! "wink" Later!

Last edited:

dlai

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 Passat, Stonehenge Gray, 2002 Black Golf 5M
Hmm, I'm going to have to see if I can clear up some things and make it down to see the new shop. The clincher is Steve Oliver, who's originally from up my way here in the bay area. For those who don't know, Steve is a tier one guitar player in the smooth jazz genre, his music being very similar to that of Peter White, Chris Standring, and Tim Bowman, the top guitar players of today in the smooth jazz area. He has killer chops and is worth seeing, especially if it's for free. Classy guy who plays classy music and fits right in with Harv and Wild Rose, a class act themselves...

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
Dan, it will be nice to see you.

Speaking of 'Smooth' -- you're a mind reader. I'm trying to convince my oldest son that they should morph slightly, and play 'Smooth Death Metal'.

'And now ladies and gentlemen for our next number, we think your ears will be bleeding insignificantly, so you won't need both ear plugs AND shooter's muffs -- PLUS, big bonus -- if you want, you can remove the HANS device, too.'

HotRod

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta
Harv

Congrats on the new facility. You always operate with integrity and can be counted on to do the best TDI work in SoCal.

We should bet on the Washington Capitals spanking the Wings in this year's Stanley Cup. Ovechkin is insane.

Rod

Harvieux

TDI
HotRod said:
Harv

Congrats on the new facility. You always operate with integrity and can be counted on to do the best TDI work in SoCal.

We should bet on the Washington Capitals spanking the Wings in this year's Stanley Cup. Ovechkin is insane.

Rod
Thanks for the plug, Rod. I agree Ovechkin is insane but, Datsyuk is not of this world! Can you say, repeat? ;) Later!

Harvieux

TDI
dlai said:
Hmm, I'm going to have to see if I can clear up some things and make it down to see the new shop. The clincher is Steve Oliver, who's originally from up my way here in the bay area. For those who don't know, Steve is a tier one guitar player in the smooth jazz genre, his music being very similar to that of Peter White, Chris Standring, and Tim Bowman, the top guitar players of today in the smooth jazz area. He has killer chops and is worth seeing, especially if it's for free. Classy guy who plays classy music and fits right in with Harv and Wild Rose, a class act themselves...
Dan, it would be an absolute pleasure and honor to see you again.;) My wife and I are close friends with Bill Dudley, disc jockey of KTWV FM 94.4 the WAVE Smooth jazz radio station here in Los Angeles. Bill invited us to a very prominant jazz gathering which was broadcast live on the station and Steve Oliver was teamed up with some other very prominant jazz musicians and we were so impressed, I thought he would be perfect for this celebration. It was a toss up between Steve Oliver and the famous, incredible, and original Flamingos. Needless to say, the Flamingos have more band members and the cost for performance was out of my league. Later!

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
Hi kids, it’s me again. Yes, that’s right – me – again. Harv was so Effin’ impressed when I handled the RSVP’s for his last event, that asked me to do the same for this one. Harv needs a count that approximates reality, as he is planning on feeding you catered BBQ. I’ll let you read some of it in Harv’s own words. Note the Canadian style ending – nice touch, Harv. Harv is actually from Detroit, but he is doing what the politicians refer to as ‘expansive and inclusive campaigning’.

Hi Al,
We have total square footage of near 15,000 of solid concrete with a service shop of 750 sq ft and main office/storage high ceiling bldg. of 1200 sq ft. In the back of the main bldg there is a 1000 sq ft car port area which I think would be perfect for the band. There are two restrooms with a quarter slot on the toilet seat ;). [Editor’s note: Harv – make that 75¢ and you and I split it. As I learned when I studied economics ‘at university’, demand for toilets ‘is inelastic’]. There is a park a block up the street which could be used for overflow parking as well as some available street parking. It will be mainly an outdoor event, so if people want to sit down, they should bring lawn chairs, hats, and such. There will be a dedicated area for food and beverages. Portable canopies for shade will be welcomed.

GF's are welcome; kids can come as well. My daughter and son-in-law will be doing the foodservice, so a pot luck wouldn't be necessary, but is OK if anybody has any recipes or food dishes they want to share. We also have plenty of family members that will be doing the BBQ’ing and such. Still looking for something to bring? Adult beverages will also be welcomed.

As specified, light work such as injector nozzle installs, issue diagnosis, high-performance consultation, Vag-Com tweaks, suspension issues diagnosed on hoist, etc. are OK. No timing belts, turbo installs, struts, tranny R&R, or Vag-Com tuning logs.

Some family members and I will be at the facility pretty early for set-up; I think that early birds can start rolling in around 10AM or so. This will probably wind down around dusk. I don't have a set time slot for Steve Oliver as of yet but he will perform for a full 3 hours, maybe noon to 3PM, or 1PM to 4PM. This should allow time for straggler's to arrive, and for most of the food part of the ordeal to start to wind down, eh? [Editor’s note: catch that ‘eh’, eh?]

Of course, you are welcome to hang out after we wind down to continuing shooting the breeze and exercising our arm to mouth movement with adult beverages but, *** do I know, eh? [Editor’s note: catch that second use of the ‘eh’ verb, eh?]

Unlike the last event, unless you’ve got light duty work in mind (nozzles for instance), I don’t need to know much about what you are driving and what you want to do. But I do need to know who is attending – you, the GF/SO, the rug rats, etc. PM ME AND I WILL ADD YOU TO A LIST I WILL BE KEEPING IN POST #16. DON’T COPY MY LIST INTO ANY POSTS IN ORDER TO ADD YOURSELF TO IT – AGAIN – PM ME AND I WILL TAKE CARE OF THE LIST. THE LIST STARTS IN THE NEXT POST AND WILL BE UPDATED AND BUMPED PERIODICALLY BY ME.

Last edited:

Left Coast Resident

Ubẽr Clubbie
TDI
2001, 2002 & 2003 Jettas
RSVP’s as of 2/5/09:
Dana Bartholomew
VW JC – John and son
DZLRAM -- Thierry
Left Coast Resident – Al and the Hungry Bunny
Got Bearings -- Noel
Rice Eater
Pappyhat -- Jim
Spciesla -- Steve + maybe a guest
Power Not Speed -- Brian
SevynDazeTDI
Smart Drive -- Dave T

Keep the cards and letters coming in, kids. Harv needs a count so he can feed you . . .

Last edited:

Harvieux

TDI
rez311 said:
So lets see a picture of your new location! :)
Ask and you will recieve!;)

Front of Facility: I keep it locked up and the access is from the rear gate. That's my baby parked in front.;)

Front side gate entrance: I could fit (3) tractor trailer rigs with 53' trailers side by side in this area.

Service area:

New Hoist w/sliding air jack. I also may get a second sliding air jack so tire rotation will be a snap:

Service area parking:

Harvieux

TDI
Area where the tractor trailers could park:

Rear of service area:

Rear of main Bldg. and where I think Steve Oliver will be performing from:

Inside main bldg. and where the dyno will be housed eventually:

Some fabulously high quality Ronal wheels which will be available at the Grand Opening:

Service supply inventory:

TDI inventory display area:

Last edited:

TornadoRed

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, silver; 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, indigo blue; 2003 Golf GL 5-spd, red (PARTED); 2003 Golf GLS 5-spd, indigo blue (SOLD); 2003 Jetta TDI wagon, Candy White (SOLD)
It looks great, Leonard. Unfortunately I will probably not be able to attend. But I know how much work you've put into this move, including all the months of delays just getting the permits approved. It should not have to be that hard, just to move a business into a building that was presumably already zoned for that kind of work.

Someday I will get back out there and will drop by. These -20° and -25° temperatures -- not counting the wind chill factor -- are getting very old, very fast.

Harvieux

TDI
TornadoRed said:
It looks great, Leonard. Unfortunately I will probably not be able to attend. But I know how much work you've put into this move, including all the months of delays just getting the permits approved. It should not have to be that hard, just to move a business into a building that was presumably already zoned for that kind of work.

Someday I will get back out there and will drop by. These -20° and -25° temperatures -- not counting the wind chill factor -- are getting very old, very fast.
Thanks, Jerry. Yea, the problem was I wanted to remodel and expand the service garage area. After blowing over $10K for an architect, engineer, and planning fees, etc., the fricken bureaucrats made it a real nightmare yet, they wonder why so, so many people are sick and tired of their anti-business attitude resulting in boo coo businesses and people leaving the state in record numbers but, *** do I know, eh? :rolleyes: To be honest, if it wasn't for my grand children and the wife's side of the family, I be like outta here and wouldn't let the door hit me in the arse. Know whadda mean? Later!

rez311

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 TDI White
Very nice! That lift you has works great. Beats being on your back any day. Look on craigslist and there are some mechanic shops shutting down. I've seen lifts go for $1000 + really cheap prices for nice tools.

Harvieux

TDI
As I specified earlier, we are close friends with Bill Dudley who is one of the main disc jockeys for LA's one and only premier smooth jazz radio station, "THE WAVE" on 94.7 FM. Bill played a Steve Oliver cut at about 7:14 PM this evening and directly following the cut at approx. 7:20 PM, he announced that Steve Oliver will be performing live at: Wild Rose Motors in Whittier,CA on Saturday Feburary 07 starting at 1PM. Bill will try his best to attend this event and if he can swing it, he will be officially introducing Steve Oliver. I am also hoping that a customer of mine who happens to be a big time jazz sax player from New Zealand will be able to play a couple cuts with Steve however, I will have to ask his permission B4 this could take place. Later!

Last edited:

Asimovian

TDI
2003 Golf GL 2dr, Reflex Silver
Former frequent lurker here just making my way back to the boards after a two-year hiatus. We just passed 100k on our '03 Golf and had the pleasure of Leonard doing our 100k service in his new location.

Unfortunately, I can't make the party, but I have seen the new place and think it's going to be great for your business, Leonard. Hope everyone enjoys the food and music! Congratulations on the move!

(Looking forward to finally getting some upgrades done whenever the clutch finally goes.)

Dana Bartholomew

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2000, satin silver
Time?

"Some family members and I will be at the facility pretty early for set-up; I think that early birds can start rolling in around 10AM or so. This will probably wind down around dusk. I don't have a set time slot for Steve Oliver as of yet but he will perform for a full 3 hours, maybe noon to 3PM, or 1PM to 4PM. This should allow time for straggler's to arrive, and for most of the food part of the ordeal to start to wind down, eh? [Editor’s note: catch that ‘eh’, eh?]"

SevynDazeTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf TDI
Too bad about the no Aligator tunes, but oh well, some other time. Gives me an excuse to come out again, haha. Leonard, I look forward to checking out the new facility and finally meeting some of my fellow TDI-heads. See everyone there!

Harvieux

TDI
SevynDazeTDI said:
Too bad about the no Aligator tunes, but oh well, some other time. Gives me an excuse to come out again, haha. Leonard, I look forward to checking out the new facility and finally meeting some of my fellow TDI-heads. See everyone there!
Yup, the Aligator tune is quite a bit different than those "boilerplate" tunes. It requires dangerous, high speed Vag-Com logs in order to provide that truly custom taylored tune. Like I mentioned earlier, it will be a snap once we acquire our dyno.

I sure hope the weather cooperates because they are calling for rain for the next 3-5 days. It will still be OK if it rains because we can all hover down inside the main building. Later!

vwxyzero

Veteran Member
TDI
'96 Passat Sedan, '96 TDI Passat Wagon, & Jetta Sedan, '83 Turbodiesel (IDI)
Harv, Great to see you move half way between OC and LA. not sure I/we can make it for the GRAND OPENING, but I'll try... PM sent to Left Coast Resident as you requested.

All the best in your new location, looks GRAND !!!!

I'll catch up with you when I can if I can't make it.