Got RC2 on my '03, am really happy!!

noplug

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
I had a 2000 with low miles when I first joined here and Jeff put RC3+euro on it I only had a VR6 clutch, boostvalve, and sprint 520's on it but it was great and I lost it in my divorce.......Very, Very Sad!!!!:( :(

Spring forward 2+ years I found a nice '03 with 255K Mi. on it, a southern car and drives nice. I called Oliver (TDIRACING, www.torquejunkie.com) and he set up a convenient appointment with Jeff of Rocketchip (www.rocketchip.com) at Oliver's shop in Baltimore and we planned to replace my intake (I was sure it was clogged) with a clean one, fuel filter, and other upgrades.

Anyway I got her all set up and she runs better than the 2000 I had before!
Big THANKS to Oliver of TorqueJunkie and Jeff of RocketChip!!

You gentlemen are two truly knowledgable, professional, and honest TDI enthusiasts and represent the best of the best!

Thanks Again!!!;) :D

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
noplug said:
I had a 2000 with low miles when I first joined here and Jeff put RC3+euro on it I only had a VR6 clutch, boostvalve, and sprint 520's on it but it was great and I lost it in my divorce.......Very, Very Sad!!!!:( :(

Spring forward 2+ years I found a nice '03 with 255K Mi. on it, a southern car and drives nice. I called Oliver (TDIRACING, www.torquejunkie.com) and he set up a convenient appointment with Jeff of Rocketchip (www.rocketchip.com) at Oliver's shop in Baltimore and we planned to replace my intake (I was sure it was clogged) with a clean one, fuel filter, and other upgrades.

Anyway I got her all set up and she runs better than the 2000 I had before!
Big THANKS to Oliver of TorqueJunkie and Jeff of RocketChip!!

You gentlemen are two truly knowledgable, professional, and honest TDI enthusiasts and represent the best of the best!

Thanks Again!!!;) :D
very nice my wagon is like that and it flys!

noplug

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
Dan, haven't done the lift pump yet but it's on my short list now!!!!
I'll let you know how that goes!!

Hey Dave!
That wasn't your wagon there yesterday was it?? Silver and lowered with a body kit???

dieselfuel

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI
noplug,

Was that a stock 03 you had the RC3 tune performed on?

How's the clutch?

Farfromovin

Torque Addict
TDI
03 Golf 2dr- PD150 6m
Lift pump is really a must have for upper end power and ease of convenience any time you mess with the fuel system. You hit the nail on the head, you can't go wrong with the Oliver/Jeff combo package there. Consider yourself fortunate to live so close.

noplug

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
I had the RC3 put on a fresh, 2000 with only like 65k miles on it and immediately installed a VR6 Sachs clutch/PP/G60 flywheel combo on. It needed at least that clutch holding power.

dieselfuel said:
noplug,

How's the clutch?

noplug

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
You got that right!!
Yes, now that I'm on TDI#2 we're going on knowing each other both for nearly 5 years!!!;) :D I am extremely thankful to them both.
Before I install much more perf. stuff I'll put on boostvalve, boostgauge, egt gauge, and a free'er flowing dP and strait back 2.5" system, also probably a new VNT of some variety, whichever is best and available at the right price. I've still got a low miles vnt15 in the garage if I need it.
;)
Farfromovin said:
Lift pump is really a must have for upper end power and ease of convenience any time you mess with the fuel system. You hit the nail on the head, you can't go wrong with the Oliver/Jeff combo package there. Consider yourself fortunate to live so close.

Curious Chris

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Jetta Wagon 2003 RIP Rockford IL
noplug said:

I gave my exwife two houses and kept my car! :) This weekend I pick up my car which is now VNT17/22, RC4, FMIC. All I need is a downpipe but I can't spend any more money on my car at this moment.

ItAintRodKnock

Veteran Member
TDI
01GolfTDi
dieselfuel said:
noplug,

How's the clutch?
I have 03 with stock clutch, sprint520s and rc3. Clutch surprisingly is holding up... 4th and 5th slip under 50mph, when flooring it though.

noplug

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
Awesome Chris! What year/body style?? I assume it's a MK4??

Curious Chris said:
noplug said:

I gave my exwife two houses and kept my car! :) This weekend I pick up my car which is now VNT17/22, RC4, FMIC. All I need is a downpipe but I can't spend any more money on my car at this moment.

Bob_Fout

Oil Wanker
TDI
2003 Jetta - Alaska Green (sold) / 2015 GTI 2.0T
DubinJax said:
I have 03 with stock clutch, sprint520s and rc3. Clutch surprisingly is holding up... 4th and 5th slip under 50mph, when flooring it though.
These two statements contradict each other.;)

noplug

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
Hey Dub!
Yea I had the same exact thing (slipping stock clutch) so I just went ahead and installed the Sachs VR6 OEM setup with a resurfaced G60 20.5lb. flywheel I found at the junkyard. It was a great car for me and keeps on rolling in Ohio driven by my ex.!!:(
I did get the house though as well as the boat ,the '70 Mach 1, the 2001 Excursion 7.3TD, Harley Springer, etc.;)

DubinJax said:

noplug

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta GLS
I do agree with Bob here..... Won't last long slipping like that and what if you have to accelerate in an evasive move??? Not too safe, get that bad boy upgraded!!:D

Bob_Fout said:
These two statements contradict each other.;)