Got quoted for $360+tax for 32,000 km service at DCB automotive

hendre

TDI
'00 Golf TDI
either way for big jobs, I will go elsewhere.

like I said I have no bias towards him ... he didn't exactly do the greatest job to be honest ... overfilled the oil in my car and my intercooler hose popped off on my way home as it was not secured properly.

I am just stating facts, to each his own.

mrvermin

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI
Shhhhhhh.......

One must be carefull of what one says in threads like these... One slip and it could call forth the dreaded "Thread-Lock Hammer of Doom"......

Questioning the ability of ******** or ******* may be just the ******* needed to call forth the dreaded Hammer....

Oooooooo.... The Hammer....... the hammer..........

MrVermin

mo_focus

Veteran Member
TDI
84 944
Shhhhhhh.......

One must be carefull of what one says in threads like these... One slip and it could call forth the dreaded "Thread-Lock Hammer of Doom"......

Questioning the ability of ******** or ******* may be just the ******* needed to call forth the dreaded Hammer....

Oooooooo.... The Hammer....... the hammer..........

MrVermin
Lol sounds like you are speaking from experience

Quanger

Veteran Member
TDI
Mk4 ALH TDi
Just had my tdi serviced by brandon. Couldnt be more satisfied with the work and expertise. If youre looking for a place to get things done right, dcb is the way to go. If youre looking to penny pinch then go elsewhere but keep in mind that you may be at risk for a major f*ck up. Shoulda bought a yaris or fit if youre looking to keep maint. cost low.

imo000

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 M-B ML320 Diesel & '05 Passat TDI Manual 5-Speed
Just had my tdi serviced by brandon. Couldnt be more satisfied with the work and expertise. If youre looking for a place to get things done right, dcb is the way to go. If youre looking to penny pinch then go elsewhere but keep in mind that you may be at risk for a major f*ck up. Shoulda bought a yaris or fit if youre looking to keep maint. cost low.
Or learn how to do it yourself and don't rely on anyone. :)

bardie

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat TDI DSG and 2004 Jetta Wagon 5sp no mods
The funny thing is that Brandon joined this forum as a vendor (I believe) and I don't think he joined under the misconception that everyone is going to be happy with him. It's quite apparent a lot of you love his work and a few of you don't. I myself would go with the majority.

I've only dealt with him once and it was a good experience with some solid free advice over the phone.

I believe defending him is a good thing, to a point. From the looks of things he won't lose any business to anyone from the little negative feedback he gets.

My only issue here is that some of you are obviously close to Brandon. Friends I would think from the posts that I've read in other forums. It is hard to remain unbiased if this is the case.

Cheers all and see the FS thread. I have a 2004 wagon 5sp on there for sale.