Gen 1 fix approved!

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
For those who have kept their cars in the hope that a fix would be approved- the day has come! The gen1 fix has officially been approved! Can't wait for the low mileage fixed buyback cars to hit the market.

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I noticed this in the pamphlet:
If the vehicle has been modified by the customer prior to receiving the emissions modification in a manner that may yield a non-compliant emissions system (for example, removal of a catalyst, installation of parts that impact emissions or emissions-related parts, or modifications to the ECU or computer software of the vehicle), Volkswagen may not be able to perform the emissions modification until the customer corrects such modification.
This implies that owners with a DPF Delete have to undo it at their own expense before VW will touch it.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I'm quite sure VW would be more than happy to install a dpf etc. at the owners expense. Deleted cars must be a very small percentage anyhow.

voilsb

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI
I wonder what VW's price would be, and how much trouble it would be to have them give me the straight pipes.

I've already reached out to some tuner/mod shops, since I'd really only need to "borrow" the DPF, EGR, and pipes. I have time, still.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Plenty of time. I bet there will be more folks ditching the factory exhaust after they get the fix performed. My car has non factory exhaust, turbo, and hpfp. And I gave away/sold most of those parts- plus asv, egr, and aux. fuel pump. I have no plans to put it back to stock at the moment. I won't starve.