FS - terminal release tools for wiring harness

penclnck

The two tools you see fit the "micro" and "junior" size terminals in VW and Audi. These two sizes are the most common used in our cars. From headlights to tail lights, there are hundreds of terminals that these tools are made for.

$44 shipped to the lower 48 States, $49 to Canada. IM me with your Paypal account info and I'll send you a request of payment for them.

For basic info on using these terminal release tools, I've made the following web page:

http://4130-products.com/step/wiring/index.htm

What others who have purchased these have said:

jollyGreenGiant said:
Swapped a bad quantity adjuster last night, this tool certainly made it easier to pop out the 2 wires on the 10 pin IP connector that stay with the pump ( N108 valve ). Definately easier to use than a paperclip and does a better job with the stubburn ones, I've got a few of the other electrical connector removal tools from Snap-On and Mac, this is much better.
Left Coast Resident said:
Used them today to wire up the lift pump. They were great -- and maybe impossible to do without.
mtltdi said:
I spent a couple of hours trying to release the barbs on some radio cd changer harness wires. No luck, and I had to dremel the plastic on the connector to get the wire out. I ordered this micro release tool and when it came in I had 10-3 pin connectors (for those mk5 sirens) that needed the wires removed. It literally took 5 minutes to get the 30 wire ends out. No jiggling, no hassles, just push in to the end where the tool gets wider, and pull out the wire. Thanks for the great addition to my tool box!
paramedick said:
You'll really like them.
compu_85 said:
I'll vote for another "You'll love them". Slip the tool in and the wires slip out.
letterman52 said:
Great seller. I love mine.
danski0224 said:
I think they are vaporware
I make these in very limited numbers, and I don't send out request for payments until I have a pair ready to ship. If for reasons I'm not able to make tools, there can be a bit of a delay in my response.

These tools are my version of the factory tools that can be purchased at your local dealer. The factory tools are VAS 1978/16 and VAS 1978/18. I think they cost about $80... per tool.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
Micro tool just saved me again while removing the wires from my passenger side mirror that fell apart today. The bracket is made of zinc like the antenna base.

mtltdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Golf GLS, Indigo Blue
I'd like the bigger one to match my micro tool, when you have a chance could you get me the price shipped to Canada?

penclnck

mtltdi said:
I'd like the bigger one to match my micro tool, when you have a chance could you get me the price shipped to Canada?
I've been selling these in pairs, a "micro" and "junior" sized, "micro" being the smaller one. I don't offer any other sizes.

For those who have sent me private messages about getting a pair, I'm getting ready to respond, I've just now finished making 6 pairs.... best way to spend my sunny Saturday....:rolleyes:

BTW, for what it is worth, the money raised from the sales of these things this time is going towards a 3 axis mill I'm wanting to make. I don't really need a 3 axis mill, but I don't have one so that is a good enough reason to build one. Already used a lot of the money from these things to purchase a stage 3 clutch from a vendor here... damn reflash > stock clutch. :eek:

ELO a rocking from speakers in front of me, carry on folks.

diesel-dave

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 wagon TDI, 2003 wagon Tdi, 2013 Q7 Tdi
these work great, makes terminal work a cinch, well done!!!

TDR1908

TDI
Jetta 2003

The two tools you see fit the "micro" and "junior" size terminals in VW and Audi. These two sizes are the most common used in our cars. From headlights to tail lights, there are hundreds of terminals that these tools are made for.

$44 shipped to the lower 48 States, $49 to Canada. IM me with your Paypal account info and I'll send you a request of payment for them.

For basic info on using these terminal release tools, I've made the following web page:

http://4130-products.com/step/wiring/index.htm

What others who have purchased these have said:

I make these in very limited numbers, and I don't send out request for payments until I have a pair ready to ship. If for reasons I'm not able to make tools, there can be a bit of a delay in my response.

These tools are my version of the factory tools that can be purchased at your local dealer. The factory tools are VAS 1978/16 and VAS 1978/18. I think they cost about $80... per tool.

Thank you.
Are you still selling the "junior" and "micro" tools?