FS: MKII Golf

nogassershere

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf TDI, '00 Jetta TDI(SOLD), '84 Rabbit 5sp NA(SOLD), 06 Jetta TDI(SOLD)
1985 Golf for sale

178,000 miles
5 speed manual
Factory A/C (currently not working)
2 Door

Recent work done,

New starter
New tires
New wheel bearings front and rear
New front A-arm bushings
New struts, front and rear
New front brakes and calipers
New wheel cylinders and shoes on rear
New Battery
New glow plugs and relay
I am sure there is more that I can't remember right now

What it needs:

The shifter works ok, but could use a rebuild.
It has been sitting for a while, a fuel filter would be a good idea
I had the A/C working last summer, but it has since quit. The compressor
does turn by hand, and the radiator fan comes on, it either has a leak, or it may need a pressure switch.

The car runs and drives well, I have bought a newer golf and need to trim down the stables. The roof rack can go for an extra $200 if you want it. The paint is fair, except for the rf fender where I held the steam cleaner in one place for a little too long. The rest of the car shows normal wear for a vehicle of 24 years old. It has a small oil leak at the dipstick tube, but nothing really bad, and it will use about a quart of oil in 4k miles. I change it every 8k with Delvac 15-40. The dash has a few cracks and one or two small bubbles, but is in excellent shape compared to most others out there. The odometer shows 178k, but when I bought the car two years ago, that fellow told me that he was the second owner and that the first owner pulled it behind a motorhome for nearly 90k miles. Due to the shape of the car and the way the motor runs and drives, I am inclined to believe this at least partially. There are also two holes in the front bumper from the tow hitch, and a pigtail plug behind the bumper for the lights.
I have averaged around 42 yo 43 mpg, with a personal best of 46. With the roof rack and/or interstate speeds it will drop some, the lowest I have seen is 37. This was my commuter car for the last two years with a 42 mile ride one-way. Engine bay is clean with NO rust.

PM or E-mail me if you have any other questions that I haven't covered.

I am having picture posting issues, but will be happy to email one of the 28 pics that I have to interested parties...

Asking $2,000.00

The extra wires in this pic are where I was trying to figure out the A/C

Last edited:

compu_85

Gadget Guy
TDI
... None :S
I'd suggest you try some rubbing compound on the paint, it might bring a lot of the shine back.

GL with the sale of this nice southern car :cool:

-Jason

nogassershere

Veteran Member
TDI
'05 Golf TDI, '00 Jetta TDI(SOLD), '84 Rabbit 5sp NA(SOLD), 06 Jetta TDI(SOLD)
Thanks, yeah the rubbing compound would work, if I had the time

Last edited: