FS Malone Tuned 2001 Beetle TDI 5 Speed

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
I have up for sale a 2001 Beetle TDI. This Beetle has 308K Miles on it but you would never know it based on how well it runs and how good it looks. Only sign of wear is a hole in the carpet under the driver side floor mat. This Beetle has spent it's entire life in Georgia which means not a spec of rust anywhere. Miles are 90% highway miles. This car has a Malone Stage 2 Tune with Dynamic Idle and Dynamic EGR that was installed by Andrew Rodriguez @ www.FixMyVW.com. It also has an immobilizer delete. Car was originally an automatic so it has an 11MM injection pump! Nozzles are Bosio DLC1019's with less than 40k miles on them. Exhaust on car is completely stock with cat and muffler. I have known the prior owner for several years and know for a fact that it was meticulously maintained and only the best parts were installed on it. Major work such as the 5 speed conversion, timing belt, and pump reseal were all done by TDI Gurus in the South East.

Here is the list of mods and recent work that come to mind:

Malone Stage 2 Tune with Dynamic EGR and Dynamic Idle + Immob Delete
DLC1019 Nozzles Setup by DBW, LLC
Manual transmission swap @239K Miles with low mileage transmission $2,700 (parts and labor) installed by TDI Guru
Koni STR.T Shocks/Struts
Audi TT Short Shifter
Audi TT Control Arm Bushings
Lubrication Specialties CAT 2 Micron Fuel Filter System (No longer Available)
Single Mass Flywheel Conversion
New EGR Valve
Dieselgeek Panzer Plate
Monster Mats
Aftermarket Stereo with Sub-woofer and amplifier in trunk (sounds great)
Injection Pump Resealed & New Fuel Temp Sensor
New Beetle Bentley Repair Manual
New Engine Air and Cabin Air Filters
Fresh Oil Change 3/8/2015 Rotella T6 Oil and Mann filter
Fresh Gearbox Oil 3/8/2015 GM Syncromesh with Friction Modifier
Brand New Fremax Rotors and Jurid Pads up front and new Ceramic Pads in Back installed 3/21/2015 with brake fluid flush.

Now for the question everyone is wondering, the timing belt has 90K miles on it and will need to be changed soon. I am willing to work with the potential buyer on getting it changed. I have all of the Metalnerd Timing Belt Tools and also have VCDS to set the timing. Heck, I would be willing to change it or help the buyer change it (to either learn how to do it or to see first hand that it is done correctly) for the cost of parts only (~$300).

One other issue is the lower front valance is cracked due to catching a tire tread on the Atlanta perimeter. The driver side fog light is broken (but still works) and should to be replaced. This is all cosmetic. There are only a few minor dings and scratches on the car. Car has never been in an accident. I was told that the original timing belt snapped (60k mile belt) at around 100k miles by the original owner and the head was replaced then by Jim Ellis VW in Marietta, GA. Car has over 200k miles on the head so if there were issues they would have surfaced a long time ago. Car was originally purchased new from Dwight Harrison VW in Snellville, GA.

I am about an hour north of the Atlanta Airport and would have no problem picking a potential out-of-state buyer up as long as it is in the evening or weekend.
Asking Price Is $4,400 obo

Last edited:

brian_e

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Silver Jetta
Solid ride w/great price considering the mods, overall condition and ease of purchase. Airport pick up---it doesn't get better!

GLWS

TDI_G

Veteran Member
TDI
None Currently- 2008 BMW 335I
Thanks for the compliment. Just to be clear in case anyone is wondering, the photos were taken in the morning and that is dew on the windows, not some funky tint job.