FS/FT: 2002 Golf TDI GLS Greasecar

red64chevelle

Veteran Member
TDI
mk6 Golf TDI, mk4 Jetta TDI, Beetle TDI
FS/FT: 2002 Golf TDI GLS Greasecar in NH

Selling/Trading my 2002 Golf GLS TDI. Set up for grease with a Greasecar tank and Co-Pilot setup. Many upgrades, VNT 17/22, Darkside SMIC, ID Parts IC piping, Race 520 nozzles balanced by Kerma, Kerma tuned, turbo-back exhaust, G60 flywheel with VR6 clutch (more on that later), Auto Injection pump (11mm), Koni shocks and springs, Panzer plate and side armor, Frostheater, Goodyear F1's put on last year, and probably more I am forgetting about. Negatives are: torn boot on DS CV axle, Interior dome light does not work, not so great fender repair by PO on PS front fender, clutch is starting to slip at around 25-27# boost. Clutch does not slip when driving normally. Car has 225k on her, I swapped in a replacement engine with 90k on it when the body was at 200k. Did the timing belt, water pump, and all that goes with it when I did the engine swap along with replaced all the suspension bushings (front control arms and rear beam). I am going to ask for $5500. I would be interested in a swap for something, but it needs to be small, like a motorcycle (Harley/BSA/Triumph/BMW/Ural), or some guns (M1 Garand/1911/M9/Tavor/G3). Those that know me, know that I spend money on quality parts, and can turn a wrench with the best of them. Car is up in Portsmouth, NH, (with my Golf R) but I can drive it down to RI if needed.

Last edited:

red64chevelle

Veteran Member
TDI
how does it perform with the mods you have and the grease at the same time?
I don't notice a difference between running grease and petroleum. The engine might run slightly quieter, or it could just be in my head. I don't always have a good stock of grease purified and ready to go, so I also use the aux tank as an aux diesel tank.

When I would find diesel for a good price, I could fill both tanks and not worry about stopping for over 1300 miles.

deejaaa

Veteran Member
TDI
FOR SALE, 2002 Jetta GLS, 5 speed
wow, your ps fender looks great to me! good looking car and price is good. glws.

red64chevelle

Veteran Member
TDI
I also remembered she has a Fluidampr harmonic balancer. It really helped get rid of some of the SMF rattling.