FS 96 B4 Variant TDI (Station Wagon) Primo!

Harvieux

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
06 A5 Pkg.2 w/navi & ASEP
Hi Folks, Just got this killer B4 Variant (Station Wagon), One Owner TX rust free speciman, No paint or body work, prime condition in and out, tinted windows, no moonroof, Tornado red with black velour, 107K miles, deep tread Yoko tires. I will be going completely through this from a service and maintenance standpoint as always. I will also get a national service history and post it here. This is a new car trade in. VIN #WVWHG83A4TE156793. I want this one to be owned by a tdiclub member so I am thinking of doing another auction here similar to the successful auction I recently had awhile back. This auction will again entail a $100 USD donation to Fred for this forum. Fred has a $100 USD donation due to him from the recent sale of the white B4 variant and will be submitted to him once delivery is complete. I provided pictures of this vehicle below for you all to drool over. I will be asking clubmember RC or another credible clubmember to be the reserve price moderator for this auction. I don't expect to take delivery of this vehicle for another week or so and then I will have to perform the preliminary inspection. I will attempt to locate a set of OEM hubcaps but, no gaurantees. Once the preliminary inspection is complete, the auction will commence while I perform the complete service. Any advice to make this auction better is warmly welcome. Later!

http://home.pacbell.net/wrmltd/96_pas_wagon_107k.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/wrmltd/96_pas_wagon_107k_1.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/wrmltd/96_pas_wagon_107k_2.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/wrmltd/96_pas_wagon_107k_3.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/wrmltd/96_pas_wagon_107k_4.jpg
http://home.pacbell.net/wrmltd/96_pas_wagon_107k_5.jpg

[ December 28, 2002, 15:25: Message edited by: Harvieux ]

Harvieux

TDI
Hi avantaholic, Thanks for the opening bid, my friend. The auction hasn't officially begun yet but, we can use your $10K bid as a starting point
, hows that? That is unless it turns out to be a real POS, fat chance but, I can't say it isn't possible until I personally check her out. ProjektZwoTDI, I would be willing to bet that your modded Golf has been so well cared for that it looks like it has only 20-30K miles on it instead of 74K. As difficult as it may seem, you will be much better off $$ wise selling it privately. Fuel prices are starting to rise and this TDI market is headed for the stupid money category soon. Hang in there and don't give it away. Later!

TEXAS_TDI

BANNED
Originally posted by Harvieux:
ProjektZwoTDI, I would be willing to bet that your modded Golf has been so well cared for that it looks like it has only 20-30K miles on it instead of 74K. As difficult as it may seem, you will be much better off $$ wise selling it privately.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Guess that's a no.
My idea was to return my Golf back to stock and just swap titles. Stock, my Golf is worth $13k easily. More than enough to cover a Passat Wagon TDI.

avantaholic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Sportwagon.
Harvieux-
Have you seen the car in person? Are these your pics? I'm quite interested- as you know it is
not my top choice, but I'm not finding a lot of '02 Jetta wagons to choose from. (the silver one
on the east coast is NOT ruled out- still available?) I'm serious, and have sold my Audi A4 Avant. Now that was sad to see drive away- 33K pampered miles... and to think that they have them diesel in Europe! I also will continue to research *when* the new Passat wagons will show up w/diesel- any clue? It sounds like maybe the end of '03...
Thanks for presenting fine quality vehicles here! Aaron

Harvieux

TDI
Hi ProjektZwoTDI, 2000 Golf TDI GLS 5-speed, lux pkg., cd changer, and 74K miles has a TX KBB wholesale value of $10,075 and $13,735 retail in absolute 100%, detailed front line ready condition including new or near new tires, new or near new brakes, and near flawless condition overall. Deductions are in order for less options then referenced above and much less if a GL model. Values drop from there depending on condition. The variant of course, would be less in book value compared to the above referenced Golf but, demand (market value) throws these book values out the window. I truly paid more than book value for this variant not including the transport cost or the several hundred $$ I will be dishing out for my rigerous service and maintenance regiment. By rights, it would be a pretty fair swap but, it would be twice the work for me and maybe end up with the same profit as dealing with one. It is also a heck of alot easier to market a rare prime variant then a prime Golf with absolutely no intension of insult to you on my part. This very well could be a different story if I was a private party looking to trade for a newer model such as yours. Hope you understand my situation in this case. Later!

Harvieux

TDI
Hi Aaron, These pictures are from the seller and I have not personally seen this vehicle as of yet. I did ask the appropriate questions and was thoroughly satisfied with the answers I received. My line of questioning makes it very difficult to pull the wool over the eyes but, there is always the chance that it may not be as prime as it looks or as described. I will provide a personal detailed condition overview as well as a list of all items I will be servicing along with a full service history before the auction begins. I will also be replacing the pictures with ones I take here. I did pull a vehicle history report and it is a clean, and verified one owner vehicle with several registration renewal entries. Later!

Harvieux

TDI
Hi Cloudnine, That's it and it has a whopping TX KBB wholesale value of $5825, CA KBB $6600. Imagine that! Since the cat is out of the bag I'll be in it about $8200-$8500 if I don't find any major mechanical problems. This will include transport, fees, TB, tensioner,cam seal, possible WP, coolant flush and fill, all filters such as air, pollen, oil, and fuel, Delvac oil, brake fluid/clutch cylinder flush, possible brakes/rotors, Redline tranny fluid change, injection pump lid and upper base seals, possible right inner CV boot, possible CCV tube (80% have leaks at the block), possible serp tensioner parts and/or service, possible windshield, new 700 CCA batt., all door handles will be serviced, all grease points tended to such as door hinges, hatch hinges, shifter mechanism, full professional detail, and whatever other nit pickey item I find that needs attention. Later!

[ December 30, 2002, 13:58: Message edited by: Harvieux ]

avantaholic

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta Sportwagon.
Originally posted by Rodg Petersen:
There's a B4V 1996 in the Seattle Times for $14,500...of course it is a white one so may be worth it

Rodg
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">it's been there for a few weeks, at least! started at $15K.

gavio

Veteran Member
Actually, the one in Seattle started out at 11 grand, then she raised the price to 15 grand (presumably for a faster sale)
There's a discussion thread about it elsewhere in this forum.

As far as Leonard goes, I want to say that Deb and I were just down in LA a few days ago picking up her new B4 Variant - a green one. We felt very well cared for by Leonard and the way he made sure every little thing was just the way we wanted it. He spent an entire afternoon with us, in addition to the time he had already spent going through the car. Definitely we paid more for the car than we "could 'ave" found one for elsewhere, but Leonard gave us a whole lot of care and attention we would not have gotten from anyone else - especially not another dealer!

After our previous experiences with buying cars long-distance (done it three times) and all the hassle of inspections and negotiations and deposits and still not knowing what you've got until it's over and you're committed, I must say the "Harview" experience was quite refreshing.

If any of you fancy a red one, I encourage you to bid - I have confidence that Leonard will make it worth your while.

Best wishes and happy bidding

Gavio

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
I was never one for owning a red car, (sorry Tomo
) but this one really catches my attention. Something about the red and the dark tint glass, real sweet. And all that needs to be said about Leonard has been said, you just can`t beat a Harvieux deal.

Gavio, good to see that you have taken posession of the vehicle you were looking for, I hope you and your wife see many long years with it.

MineMapper

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Transporter Kombi
Originally posted by RC:
I was never one for owning a red car, (sorry Tomo
) but this one really catches my attention. Something about the red and the dark tint glass, real sweet.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Agreed. Very pretty. Not sure I would call it a 'Stealth' vehicle though.

And all that needs to be said about Leonard has been said, you just can`t beat a Harvieux deal.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Unless you beat him to the mark in the first place.

j/k Leonard has been an invaluable help to me in the last few months, helping to persuade State Farm that my grey variant was worth a little more than they initially offered me. In terms of the quality of service, I would have been placing an order with him that week if I thought I could afford it.

Gavio, good to see that you have taken posession of the vehicle you were looking for, I hope you and your wife see many long years with it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Hey, congratulations Gavio! The green ones are nice aren't they?

gavio

Veteran Member
Thanks for the congrats, folks. The green ones are indeed sweet. Plus, of course, it exactly replaces the one that got destroyed last summer making all right with the world, once again.

Well, not quite, as Deb is really not fully healed yet. She is generally doing well, though. I think a nice TDI Variant sitting in the driveway helps
I know it makes ME feel better, even though it isn't my car!

Good luck to whoever jumps on this red one!

Gavio

tomo366

TDI Lifer, Member #68
TDI
2015 Jetta SEL TDI
And if somebody is interested in a Red Sedan.....
I have now for sale arguably the nicest 1997 Passat TDI in the country! If interested shoot me an Email an we can talk!

Harvieux

TDI
Hi Kent, How's it going? I just confirmed that this variant is at the SoCA transport terminal and will be here either today or tomorrow. I will then give her my initial inspection and commence the auction in short order. Any uninterested club member want to volunteer as the reserve price moderator? Let me know. Later!

RC

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Two White 96 B4 Wagons
Originally posted by Harvieux:
Any uninterested club member want to volunteer as the reserve price moderator? Let me know. Later!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I certainly couldn`t claim to be "uninterested" but we`ve got enough of our own B4 variants in our driveway to qualify for what I think you need, be honored to help see this fine wagon go to one of our rightful members.
I really think this is one of the sharpest TDIs I`ve ever seen. Hey Tomo, red sure is a great color for a B4 ain`t it?

Leonard, what is the
above all about?

Harvieux

TDI
Hi RC, The
is for the double posts that occur even without the back button task. OK, you can once again be the reserve price moderator and we can correspond via your better half's, I mean wife's
email address. I will contact you once I do the initial inspection with the reserve amount. Thanks and Later!

Harvieux

TDI
Hi Folks, Well it's here and I just completed the preliminary inspection and she's a winner all the way! To date, I have never had any vehicle that had a more extensive service history then this one. I kid you not, every single service stamp for every recommended mileage is entered from the first of 7500 to present of 105K miles (last serevice 2K ago). It even had the first brake fluid flush performed on 05/98 and following at 02/99 and 02/01 and stamped in the book. I will of course, do it again for good measure. The book doesn't say that the TB was changed at it's 60K service but, the belt sorta looks like it's on it's second TB and I will be installing a new one as well. The body is very straight with only a few normal minor dings and scratches (not even necessary to have PDR (paintless dent removal)performed). The interior is also very, very nice. The engine runs like a sewing machine, shifting is smooth, and she tracks very straight. The windshield has a couple stone chips and a crack in it so I will replace it with a new one. It has an OEM oil filter, needs the left front phoney fog light cover due to cracks. All the power windows work good, door handles are good but, will be serviced. Door hinges have even been greased at the services. A/C blows cold and it looks like it has a new OEM a/c compressor. No engine cover, timing is retarded (as always, due to lazy bafoon service techs), no DTC's whatsoever, had the smoke fix performed (GQ ECU), I just did the EGR mod via Vag-Com, the IQ is at 3.2 (good), matching, deep tread Yoko YK420 tires. All CV boots are in good condition, including the right inner. I think it's safe to commence this auction. The auction will end on SUNDAY 01/19/03 at MIDNIGHT Pacific Time I will contact RC with the reserve price. Feel free to call me at (310) 721-4867 or email me at wrmltd@pacbell.net if you have any questions. I don't know if my cell phone will be in range from Friday the 10th until Sunday eve. due to being at the Redwood Forest TB GTG with DBW (Pete). Bid with absolute confidence on this one. Good luck to all! Later!