FS: 2006 Jetta TDI

Myco

TDI
'99.5 Jetta TDI BLK - Sold '06 Jetta TDI White For sale
FS: 2006 Jetta TDI - Madison, Wisconsin area

SOLD
SOLD
SOLD

Up for sale is my wife’s 2006 Jetta TDI. We purchased a 2012 Passat TDI about a month ago, so it’s is time for this one to go to a new home.
Lots of pictures here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/blk_tdi/sets/72157630388496766/ (sorry about the duplicates)

Here are the basics:
·Year: 2006
·Make: VW
·Model: Jetta TDI
·Trans: Manual
·Mileage: 172,067
·Color: White Exterior / DK Gray Interior

Equipment:
·Sunroof
·Power Windows and Seats
·PKG 2 Trim
·Cruise
· 6 Disk CD
·Heated Leather Seats
·ABS / Traction Control
·Multi function Steering Wheel and Full Multi Function Display

Price:
Negotiable… Kelley Blue Book says between $7200 - $8500 (Fair – Good) for this vehicle, I believe it to be somewhere in between ($7850) due to the two mechanical issues mentioned below. I am a reasonable guy and will look at reasonable offers. If it doesn’t sell here within a few days, I will list it on eBay and Craigslist for the Higher KBB value.

THE GOOD:
This is a one owner vehicle. My wife was the primary driver (this was her 2nd TDI) She has had it maintained exclusively by the dealership, so it is and has always been completely stock. She insists on buying everything from the dealership (tires, oil, everything). I haven’t checked it, but it should have a perfectly clean Carfax. We have owned it from new, and haven’t had any accidents, and it has never been smoked in.
It starts perfectly and runs out really well, but it does have a couple issues (see “THE BAD”)

Here is a list of some of the larger maintenance items recently done:
  • 2nd Timing belt / Water Pump about two years ago @ 121242 miles
  • Rear Pads and Rotors and Right Front Wheel Bearing @ 150106 miles
  • Front brake Pads and Rotors @ 153786
  • 4 New Michelin Tires @ 165727
  • Replaced Front Control arm Bushings, Rear Sway Bar, and Four Wheel Alignment @167989
THE BAD:
The EGR Cooler gasket is leaking, so it makes a hissing sound. Not noticeable while driving, but if you stand outside the car while it is idling you can hear it. The bottom front corner of the driver’s door had an ice jam that resulted in some bent metal and cracked paint and now some minor rusting. The engine light stays on but it runs fine, I believe this light is due to the aforementioned EGR issue. Otherwise normal dings and scratches as you might expect. Also, the lower grill was knocked out by a coyote trying to run my wife over one morning; he didn’t succeed, and he actually did live to fight another day.

THE UGLY:
The Dealer says that the rear main seal might need to be replaced, “myturbodiesel.com” rates this project as a 3 out of 5 in terms of difficulty. My wrenching days are behind me, so I am not going to attempt to tackle this fix.
The wheels have a lot of oxidation on them from the salt applied to the roads around here in the winter.
So there you go! I’ve tried to be as upfront with all the good and bad that I could think of, but if I remember anything else I will edit as needed. Please don’t bust my chops if you’re just bored and looking for something to do. That said, I will happily answer questions if you are serious about the car. You can send me a message, email (tscola64 on yahoo) or you can call me directly, my name is Tom. (608) 577-2867.

Last edited:

RUGsux72

TDI
2012 Jetta TDI w/DSG & 2013 Beetle Convertible TDI w/DSG
"The Dealer says that the rear main seal might need to be replaced,..."
How bad is it leaking oil? eg, 1/4 quart/1000miles...

Myco

TDI
'99.5 Jetta TDI BLK - Sold '06 Jetta TDI White For sale
"How bad" = well, kind of hard to say for certain, but I just went and checked the stick and it looks like we are down about a quart and that would equate to about 3000-4000 miles ago.