FS: 2004 Passat TDI GLS Wagon 228k - BSM, "new" trans

Neurot

Vendor
TDI
2013 Passat TDI
FS: 2004 Passat TDI GLS Wagon 228k - BSM, "new" trans - $7500!

FS: 2004 Passat TDI GLS Wagon 228k - BSM, "new" trans
Silver 2004 Passat TDI wagon for sale in Austin, Texas. 228k miles. I bought it with 200k miles from the original owner, who had all service done at the dealer.
I put a lot into it to do the BSM, timing belt, water pump, etc (done by Robby at Meyerhoff Autohaus), and the transmission immediately died! So I put another few thousand into a replacement transmission from a Passat with only 70k miles on it. I had the transmission swapped by Technical Diesel Innovations in Dallas, along with new half shafts.
It has a couple of minor issues - a leaking motor mount, and the radio stopped working recently
I have all service records from the original dealership, and all the work I've done.
I have put less than 20k miles in the past 3 years since we moved out of state and the car was not driven often.
The market seems really high for these vehicles, which is good since I have put over $12,000 into it.
Here are the pictures from when I bought it. I'm not in Texas to take pictures now, but it is pretty much the same.
Here are pictures: http://www.flickr.com/photos/82489560@N00/sets/72157634551500979/with/9242101535/

Last edited:

Neurot

Vendor
TDI
2013 Passat TDI
After much consideration, I've decided to price it at $10k. The vehicle is in Austin and ready to be bought!

spartan

Veteran Member
TDI
05 Passat Wagon
Good luck with the sale and you have a great looking car! I hate to side track your thread, but are your really running B100 in a '13 Passat? I didn't know that could be done, you can PM me if you want keep your thread clean.

Neurot

Vendor
TDI
2013 Passat TDI
Good luck with the sale and you have a great looking car! I hate to side track your thread, but are you really running B100 in a '13 Passat? I didn't know that could be done, you can PM me if you want keep your thread clean.
I would prefer not to drag biodiesel into this thread, because the forum is generally unfriendly to alternative fuels. There is a long thread about me using B100 in a 2009 Jetta TDI. I wound up with a CEL and the dealer blamed biodiesel. I posted the diag logs on here and the consensus was that I just hadn't driven it hard enough to trigger a DPF regen. Interestingly, the exact same thing happened at the same mileage (1350 miles) with the 2013 Passat. However, the system is more sophisticated now, and it tells you that you need to drive a certain way for a certain period of time. I did that and the code cleared itself. Anyway, I refuse to debate the merits or dangers of biodiesel on TDIclub, so that's all I will say. If you (or anyone) wants to talk privately, I'm open to a PM - or post on our Facebook page at fb.com/dieselgreen.

Neurot

Vendor
TDI
2013 Passat TDI
I've decided to drop it to $7500 - surely one of the most aggressively priced 04 Passat's with the BSM mod, only 70k miles on the trans, etc.

Last edited: