FS: 1998 Jetta TDI ~387000kms Edmonton

OldSchoolFresh

Veteran Member
TDI
'98 Jetta TDI
I've owned this vehicle for nearly five years and we have alot of history together so it's with extreme sadness that I have to let her go. She was driving beautifully until about Christmas and since then performance has been slowly degrading. Now after replacing many parts and still no results I'm left with no choice but to say goodbye. University is still priority, otherwise I would keep her as often as people say that.

The Good:
-FK Silverline Plus Coils
-Roof rack!!
-In line coolant heater so instant heat even in the coldest temperatures
-Still starts and idles nicely even when not plugged in, in cold temperatures, so glow plugs must be good and compression as well if it can still generate enough heat to burn diesel with no help.
-Two sets of tires one all season on nice steelies and hubcaps and one winter set on OEM five spoke wheels.
-Recently done timing belt, water pump, serp belts, tensioners etc... less than fifteen thousand kilometers ago. June 2009 was the date.
-New MAF and N75 valve
-AC works, heater is super hot
-Sunroof works
-Heated seats (only passenger works)
-Side airbags
-Straight Piped! No cat.
-Records since I've bought it in September 2005
-ALWAYS filled up with Shell V-Power Diesel
-Many more things but I can't remember off the top of my head

The Bad:
-Nearly no boost produced
-Will not rev over 2000
-Lots of black smoke
-Passenger door lock extremely stiff but does lock and unlock

The Ugly:
-Rust
-Not a looker (Still attractive to me though)
-Needs side trim up front (have parts)

OLD PICS (some rims shown are long gone)

MOST RECENT

She did win 2nd place End of Summer in 2006.

She will start and we can drive her around but definitely not fast and not on main roads. I do have a VAG COM that I may sell with the car, maybe, maybe not.

Please message me for more details. I would love to see her back on the roads or at least the engine go to a good cause. Would probably need to be towed if you live farther than a few blocks away.

$1700 OBO