???? front park lamp out???

Rockcrawler

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta, 03 Ram, 01 IH 8100 with 10.8 Cummins
I've had this car a while now (almost two yrs and 57k miles).... idiot light tells me my left low beam is out.... i fixed it, eventually enough cycles go by and the code clears.

Days later it's telling me my front left park lamp is out. As near as I can tell all the lights are working.... can't find anything wrong. Can someone give me a clue what I'm missing?

Rockcrawler

Veteran Member
TDI
06 jetta, 03 Ram, 01 IH 8100 with 10.8 Cummins
figured it out..... did not realize that other little bilb was in there:)

Mike in Anchorage

Veteran Member
TDI
2016 Touareg Lux, 2015 Golf Sportwagen SE, new 4 Sept 2017;2009 VW Jetta TDI Sportwagen (Ruby) sold to VW on 22 SEP 2017
I get an alarm status that a lamp is blown before it actually blows & then a couple of days later the lamp is out & I get the message on the screen. This is for brake lights, but has happened twice now. The alarm module, if there is such a thing, senses amperage in the circuit. So when the filament is getting to the end of its life, the initial alarm shows, but the brake light is still working. When it blows totally in a couple of days, the next level of alarm shows a brake light is out. Pretty damn cool!

srptdi

TDI
2005.5 jetta black
I've had the problem for 6 years. I found out when the the are in auto mode it happens. When I idiot light comes on I cycle the switch off and on then the idiot light goes off.