For sale 20k price Golf

JarHead

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 TDI Golf Gone But not forgotten. 2000 Jetta TDi Kerma Tuned
Smoking crack...nice car and mods but really 20k...he will never sell it.

Bob S.

Top Post Dawg
TDI
A B4V, some ALHs & BRMs
The craigs list add is worth reading just to read the scope of what he has done and and spent money on. $15K suspension, turbo, Q loader, Upsolute, nozzles, gauges, HIDs, Navi system, etc, etc. To top all this off at $20K asking price, even a Grease Car kit installed & used in the past. But, for $20k, you do not get the needed Timing belt R&R.

Good assessment Jarhead.

VWBeamer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 Jetta Wagon
Quote from the ad-

"This car is not for anyone"

LOL, he got that part right.

89greendiesel

TDI
not really looking for a TDI, waiting for the Mazda diesels! Got 267k on my Corolla
well i suppose someone is looking for a 20k golf tdi with a bunch of new and spare parts not installed for 20k that they could put on a racetrack.

Racer007

Veteran Member
TDI
NA
"Unfortunatly, there is no aftermarket Transimission or gear-set for these TDI cars right now; you either swap out with a 6-speed or swap a taller 5th - which I had.
It drives fine for street if you go easy (0-120 is no problem but you have to shift fast thru the gears), I do have taller 5th gear installed - 80mph at under 1800 rpm for highway crusing."

What final drive ratio and what 5th gear ratio are you running to give you less than 1800 rpm @ 80 mph?

I have no idea, There wasn’t any special gear ratio few years back. like in 2004-2006.
The 5th gear swap I believe is something like .681??
It was done in 2005? see the link to my pictures. It has been a while back, so, I don’t remember the exact number.
Since then, I have other cars and other projects I was working, I can’t keep every detail data in my head. Sorry!!
This wasn’t my only car....but this was the common swap done by the tdi folks....

I’m already loosing money by selling it at $20,000, I’m not putting into anymore money into it now, just drive as is, fine for a daily driver.

Last edited:

OnePutt

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf (Silver) | 2005 Jetta Wagon (Spice Red)
I think it's funny how this seller has spent all this money on the car, yet only shows pictures of his car from far away. Believe me...I KNOW what a Reflex Silver Golf looks like...what I don't know is what a $15k brake & suspension setup looks like.
Edit:...n/m...just reread the post and see his links. It was hard for me to find amongst all the jibber jabber....

And for $20k...you'd better install that timing belt for me.

What kind of cracked out world does this guy live in that he thinks he should get out what he put into it...money wise??? I suppose it never hurts to ask.

There is a guy on vwvortex selling his 2004 r32 for $50k...the seller said he spent $200k on it...not sure if that is just part or parts + what he is calculating for his labor. Worth it or not...it's just real hard to sell a heavily moded car...as a seller you have to know you are going to take a bath when it comes time to sell.

Anyhow...good find MTBR297

Last edited:

CrustyOreo

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 Golf 2 Door 6MT
I think it's funny how this seller has spent all this money on the car, yet only shows pictures of his car from far away. Believe me...I KNOW what a Reflex Silver Golf looks like...what I don't know is what a $15k brake & suspension setup looks like.
Edit:...n/m...just reread the post and see his links. It was hard for me to find amongst all the jibber jabber....

And for $20k...you'd better install that timing belt for me.

What kind of cracked out world does this guy live in that he thinks he should get out what he put into it...money wise??? I suppose it never hurts to ask.

There is a guy on vwvortex selling his 2004 r32 for $50k...the seller said he spent $200k on it...not sure if that is just part or parts + what he is calculating for his labor. Worth it or not...it's just real hard to sell a heavily moded car...as a seller you have to know you are going to take a bath when it comes time to sell.

Anyhow...good find MTBR297
That R32 is proof that money doesn't buy class./
I can think of 34 cars I'd rather have for 200k than any VW.

kjclow

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2010 JSW TDI silver and black. 2017 Ram Ecodiesel dark red with brown and beige interior.
That R32 is proof that money doesn't buy class./
I can think of 34 cars I'd rather have for 200k than any VW.
Or if you shop around you might find 34 used VWs for a total of 200K

akafred

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 jetta TDI
would you not have to plan on replacing pump and injectors lines ect after running waste vegetable oil?

he would have been better off not mentioning the wvo