Fcp euro INA timing belt kit

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Does anyone know if the ina belt kit is a 100k mile kit? I believe it has to be as all kits after a certain year include upgraded parts that make it a 100k mile kit? It doesnt come with cam seal or crank seal shouldnt they both be replaced while were in there? Is 1.5 quarts enough coolant to complete a tb wp thermostat job or should I get two bottles? Thanks.

STDOUBT

Veteran Member
TDI
dos jettas
Should be a 100k mile kit. Main thing is the named parts. INA is good, Litens for the tensioner, and water pump should be German - Hepu or Geba.
That kit doesn't look to have a water pump, and if yours is approaching 100k miles, better get one.
You'll need 2x 1.5 Liters of coolant to mix 50:50 for 6L total capacity.
Cam seal should be replaced, they have that for sale separately. Crank seal only replace if leaking.
I like FCP, but other sites IDParts, Dieselgeek, metalmanparts, Cascade German, have great kits also, with more detailed listings of parts, and more complete components-wise.
Personally I like all German-Made parts if possible. And no off-brands. Also, that kit comes with roller studs, you don't need to replace those unless they're bent.
That kit also doesn't have the TTY bolts for the engine and bracket mounts. You do need those.
Do yourself a solid, and read the "Q&A" on that kit's page. If you're trying to save money, the TB kit is not the place for that honestly.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
I hear you. I like how fcp euro has a lifetime warranty so would never need to buy a belt kit again. I added a metal impeller water pump its a geba. I also got a bolt kit with vacuum seal. Thanks for the tips on ceank seal and studs.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
I hear you. I like how fcp euro has a lifetime warranty so would never need to buy a belt kit again. I added a metal impeller water pump its a geba. I also got a bolt kit with vacuum seal. Thanks for the tips on ceank seal and studs.
Warranty is only honored if a part fails right? If a part fails in your TB kit, it takes out a lot of other high priced engine components. Then what, they send you a new belt? That doesn't help much when you have thousands worth of damage to your car. That would also give the buyer a false sense of security to just keep running the components until something breaks since it's a"lifetime" warranty. Dangerous offering IMO.

You don't just get a "new kit" when you think it's time to do a TB change on your car. Is that really worth it?

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
No it does not need to fail if it wears out they replace it. They replace brake pads and even dirty oil and filters too. Its crazy.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
No it does not need to fail if it wears out they replace it. They replace brake pads and even dirty oil and filters too. Its crazy.
Huh that's interesting and somewhat unbelievable...what do they determine to be "worn"? How do they know the mileage on the components? Have you read the fine print? Sounds too good to be true...

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Huh that's interesting and somewhat unbelievable...what do they determine to be "worn"? How do they know the mileage on the components? Have you read the fine print? Sounds too good to be true...
it does sound too good to be true but theyve been doing this for years.

turbodieseldyke

Veteran Member
TDI
98 jetta
It takes a special kind of person to claim warranty replacement after 10,000 miles on used oil and filters. Costco used to have a liberal no-time-limit return policy on everything... until they had a high enough number of "special kind of person" customers who abused it, and then it was over.

drucifer

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 jetta sw tdi pd
How much does it actually cost to ship 10 pounds of oil? Make it so it doesn't leak. HP2 goes for 36 bucks. I think you'd spend at least 10 in shipping. Their prices on vw parts are more dealer like and I think that's where they make money. I'm pretty sure you have to repurchase the parts then get credit once they receive your return.

fatmobile

Veteran Member
TDI
an ALH M-TDI in a MK2, a 2000 Jetta, 2003 wagon
I like FCP euro.
The first order they sent me was short a couple parts.
I think it was trany push rod tube bushings and seals.
The guy wanted pictures of everything they sent and started to give me the run around.
Started talking about loss prevention.
I told him when I worked retail loss prevention was for stuff that was missing. Since you didn't send them they are still in your inventory.
Got them in the mail soon afterwards. Haven't had a problem since.
I just got a set of 1.6D, 2nd oversize, (were supposed to be 1st oversize oh well) Kolben Schmidt pistons from them.
On clearance for $54 each, last ones.

I think they are a family owned business by the looks of the building.

turbocharged798

Veteran Member
TDI
99.5 black ALH Jetta;09 Gasser Jetta
I used to order from them until I got political BS in an email from them. F them, I won't spend a penny there.

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Back to fcp euro the only shop in the usa with a lifetime warranty on everything sold even wear items. I have my BEW lift pump from them and will have full timing belt water pump and serpentine brlt and tensioner. The shipping is all you have to pay to get brand new high quality parts.

KrashDH

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Golf
Back to fcp euro the only shop in the usa with a lifetime warranty on everything sold even wear items. I have my BEW lift pump from them and will have full timing belt water pump and serpentine brlt and tensioner. The shipping is all you have to pay to get brand new high quality parts.
Have you ever had to use their warranty? Can you speak to the ease of it? I still don't understand how you can just tell them you need a new timing belt kit because it's "time" and they'll just send it to you...seeing that warranty means it has to fail

Hyde7278

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf GL
Have you ever had to use their warranty? Can you speak to the ease of it? I still don't understand how you can just tell them you need a new timing belt kit because it's "time" and they'll just send it to you...seeing that warranty means it has to fail
You have to buy the new part and send the old worn/broken part back then they credit you. They warranty all the parts they sell be it for worn or broken. Look on there website for there warranty policy

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Golf TDI GLS
Exactly no ones ever had a warranty issue before. They've been honoring their policy for many years.