Fass fuel system

Dallas Stace-smith

TDI
2003 TDI Jetta gls
I've got a 2003 tdi Jetta (ALH) and I'm wondering if it would be possible to hook a Fass titanium series up for it. Is it a universal kind of fit or can you only put them on certain things?

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Where exactly would you install it? There is no room...
there's more room on a jetta than a golf back behind the fuel tank on the 'outside' of the spare tire well
just gotta route the lines rearward, then forward

to answer the question, sure you can, dunno what pressure that guy puts out though so be sure and keep it below 15 psi (1 bar) to keep the front seal in the pump happy

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
there's more room on a jetta than a golf back behind the fuel tank on the 'outside' of the spare tire well
just gotta route the lines rearward, then forward

to answer the question, sure you can, dunno what pressure that guy puts out though so be sure and keep it below 15 psi (1 bar) to keep the front seal in the pump happy
It's a waste of money I think. There's easier and cheaper ways to have a lift pump. And you can install a cat style filter block and a 5 micron filter. Now on a vehicle with the cp4? Yeah. Install a better filter system.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
It's a waste of money I think. There's easier and cheaper ways to have a lift pump. And you can install a cat style filter block and a 5 micron filter. Now on a vehicle with the cp4? Yeah. Install a better filter system.
I've got a carter p4601hp and some self-made fliter bases and a return regulator
if this pump/filter conglomeration is a couple hundred bucks it'd be very easy to justify on packaging alone

stock filter is 23 micron
I don't see any need to waste money on a secondary filter, just run a 15-20 micron primary and call it good enough
if you're using the stock fuel feed line, then just run the stock filter

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
#1 solution is a nictane fuel filter if you have the $$
DIETZLE mod is #2 with a cat 2 micron filter.
Walbro pump is awesome for performance and long life.
Intank lift pump as mentioned is a service item that wont last as long as the walbro pump.
Bulldog kits or your fass is a waste of $ and space.
You dont fill up like the trucks that "need " a system like that.
10k miles service on a standard cat filter is way beyond anything you actually need.
U less you have maxed out your internals, tune ect... you dont really need this sort of fuel mod.
Spend the $ instead on tires and autocross

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
I'm only going to be adding a cat filter top when I install the cp3 because of the extra room. And use a a 10 micron filter. And because the stock filter is $50.

Mozambiquer

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2004 VW Touareg V10 TDI, 2012 Audi Q7 V6 TDI, 1998 VW Jetta TDI. 1982 VW Rabbit pickup, 2001 VW Jetta TDI, 2005 VW Passat wagon TDI X3, 2001 VW golf TDI, 1980 VW rabbit pickup,
I've got a 2003 tdi Jetta (ALH) and I'm wondering if it would be possible to hook a Fass titanium series up for it. Is it a universal kind of fit or can you only put them on certain things?
I wouldn't bother with it. The easiest way would be to set up a BEW lift pump, if you need a lift pump, but most often they're not needed, until you go with a lot more power.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
Oh you've got a CR
I just keep getting stuck on ALH motors for whatever reason...

DivineChaos

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk6 jetta sportwagen tdi
Oh you've got a CR
I just keep getting stuck on ALH motors for whatever reason...
Yeah, I have a CR. Op has an ALH. Once I change my last filter I'm getting a spin on kit.
Anyway op. You'd be better off installing a in tank lift pump, why do you think you need a fass system?

Dallas Stace-smith

TDI
2003 TDI Jetta gls
Sorry wasn't getting notifications on this. But all this was very helpful, didn't necessarily think I needed the big Fass just wondering if anyone has done it and thought of it. I do run a cat fuel filter but would be nice to have a lift pump so that I can properly prime and push a little fuel through the filter after changing it. But I do understand and know that there are better smaller options

Tero P

TDI
Golf MK4 Estate ASZ 379hp, Passat B5.5 Estate 4motion AVF 365hp
Sorry wasn't getting notifications on this. But all this was very helpful, didn't necessarily think I needed the big Fass just wondering if anyone has done it and thought of it. I do run a cat fuel filter but would be nice to have a lift pump so that I can properly prime and push a little fuel through the filter after changing it. But I do understand and know that there are better smaller options
Done that 6 years ago to my Golf Wagon (And with Airdog pump). There is no place under the car where you can fit that pump so I decided to place it inside of trunk.

derek5120

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta GLS
I install Fass systems at work on various diesel trucks and honestly it's way overkill for the ALH. I'd either use the in-tank pd pump or a inline walbro pump like the ones found on the Superduty ford or older Mercedes. When you change the fuel filters on these big dual filter units you sometimes have to leave the filters loose to purge the air out overwise the pumps air lock, mount them inside and run the risk of getting stinky diesel in your car. They also use 1/2" fuel line, even 5/8" and allot of times we have to drill the tank for a new larger pick up tube, If you are using a big pump but sucking and pushing fuel through your stock 3/8 fittings it bottle necks the pump.

[486]

Top Post Dawg
TDI
02 golf ALH
They also use 1/2" fuel line, even 5/8" and allot of times we have to drill the tank for a new larger pick up tube, If you are using a big pump but sucking and pushing fuel through your stock 3/8 fittings it bottle necks the pump.
a proper -8 suction to the pump and a -6 feed up to the IP are a given with any external lift pump that's worth putting in
the stock line is 5/16" and the fittings are all 3/16" ID

Dallas Stace-smith

TDI
2003 TDI Jetta gls
I install Fass systems at work on various diesel trucks and honestly it's way overkill for the ALH. I'd either use the in-tank pd pump or a inline walbro pump like the ones found on the Superduty ford or older Mercedes. When you change the fuel filters on these big dual filter units you sometimes have to leave the filters loose to purge the air out overwise the pumps air lock, mount them inside and run the risk of getting stinky diesel in your car. They also use 1/2" fuel line, even 5/8" and allot of times we have to drill the tank for a new larger pick up tube, If you are using a big pump but sucking and pushing fuel through your stock 3/8 fittings it bottle necks the pump.
Ok thanks.

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
this is the equivalent to a gold plated triple K&N cold air intake
pointless and a waste of money! Unless your pumping used fuel out of a dirt hole in the ground in some 3rd world place... this is so way part overkill and pointless.