Farewell for now, tdiclub!

Porch

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 jetta sportwagen tdi 6spd
Just sold the JSW. Drove it from 87k to 235k miles, and on a recent work trip to colorado, with a little too much money in my pocket and probably too many post-work beers in my belly, I bought a bmw 530xi wagon with a 6 speed manual transmission, in Atlanta, sight unseen, like a real live idiot:D. I'll spare the details about the condition in real life vs the advertised condition, and how much it cost to get on the road when I thought I was getting a ready to roll daily driver...

The JSW is running great, and it's now in the care of my friend the professional Volkswagen mechanic, who did so much work on it, and taught me how to do so many other repairs myself, and he's the perfect person to own it at this stage. It's honestly in better shape in a lot of ways than my new car, because I actually took good care of it. Unlike Atlanta guy.

It's been a great car, it's taken me all over the country, it's been the fastest, nicest, most fuel efficient car with the best stereo, that I've ever had. In the end what got me was the exhaust smell(it's deleted). And fwd in the snow mostly worked, but I spend too much time in it to not have 4wd. I toughed it out for 4 years, but I need more traction.

It's also been fun here on the forum going back and forth with you guys for advice and banter. I appreciate most of it 😀

So long for now, I'll be back when I hit the lottery and get my audi A8 tdi, I'll just pay for new emissions equipment over and over 😀