ever filled up at flying j?

JerryKib

Veteran Member
TDI
Golf, 2001, black; Passat SW, 2004, blue
I have used several Flying J stations in the Southeast U.S and they all have facilities for credit/debit for diesel. I don't know about their Canadian stations. Unfortunately, none of their stations I have used have had biodiesel.

Saskie

TDI
Jetta, 2003
I try to fill up there all the time, typically they are the cheapest in the province (if paying with cash/debit), at least the Saskatoon one, and I haven't had any issues with fuel quality. Also you can check out the price on the internet!

loco5

TDI
2006 Jetta and 2010 Golf Wagon
That's the only place I fill up at in Edmonton. All the fuel they sell is from Shell. They go for volume, so the prices are lower.

Jack_Berry

Veteran Member
TDI
02 jetta sedan
i use the j when on the road. buddy of mine with a 300sd and a ps only uses j fuel. says they have high useage and it is always fresh.

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
I have used FLYING J when with the TDI.
Have used it MANY a time when fueling my BIG trucks.
They have credit card usage at the pump.

I did NOT know that with SHELL, they have a "partnership" :confused: .

SHELL ULSD is one of the better ones(fuels) and with the VOLUME that FLYING J sells, the fuel SHOULD be good and strong(cetane) and clean :D !

I vote for FLYING J!

get their web site and locate fuel stops...

bikeprof

Veteran Member
TDI
1996 Passat B4 Variant white, 1996 Town & Country 3.8 LXI
I have used FLYING J when with the TDI.
Have used it MANY a time when fueling my BIG trucks.
They have credit card usage at the pump.

I did NOT know that with SHELL, they have a "partnership" :confused: .

SHELL ULSD is one of the better ones(fuels) and with the VOLUME that FLYING J sells, the fuel SHOULD be good and strong(cetane) and clean :D !

I vote for FLYING J!

get their web site and locate fuel stops...

PapaBare

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta GLS, 2005, Shadow Blue
Remember that most of the Diesel sold in central and southern SK, MT & ND is supplied from the Co-op refinerie in Regina. Esso is having technical difficulties with their pipeline from Edmonton (maybe fixed soon) due to a fire and are buying fuel there also.

I have lost fuel economy every time that I have tried the Shell Ultra (from different refineries) and had to pay more for it also.

I see that the Shell card lock in Regina is selling diesel for $.869. I should try and get a card.

Safe driving!

intertan

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 jetta 5 speed
so diffrent fuel economy with diffrent stations.

any idea what gives you the best fuel economy?

I have never been able to get a decent tank yet due to it being winter and seem to have alot of tire spin, doesn't help. I have been filling up at canadian tire but if I can get better fuel economy at diffrent stations I may switch.

dieselgus

Veteran Member
TDI
04 Variant Black/Black
I have always had the best of luck with Co-Op diesel in SK. Good stuff. Out here, I flip between Mohawk and Co-Op, and whenever I go into Wpg., I always make sure to fill at the J on the way out (they have great coffee!).

I tend to never use PetroCan diesel.

metallocene

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta DSG; 2014 Q5 TDI
Anyone try the F/J at Nisku? The F/J website mention's it has cardlocks but wasn't sure if there were normal diesel pumps for the masses as well?

Thanks.

TDI_YWG

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 Golf GLS TDI, '03 Golf GL TDI, '01 T4 California Exclusive, '00 T4 Multivan "Atlantis"
Anyone else notice significantly better mileage in the winter when running the EP3000 diesel from Co-op? This is the info sheet I found on it: http://www.rrcoop.com/product_pdfs/Ep 3000 Diesel.pdf
I filled up with it on my way home from Sask a couple of weeks ago and got the best mileage I have gotten all winter even though it was -30 or colder for the whole tank.
Wish it was at the pumps here somewhere.
Scott

metallocene

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta DSG; 2014 Q5 TDI
Never had any issues with COOP diesel, even smells nice, use it about 2/3 of my fillups, averaging around 45mpg.

The Nisku Flying J is currently under reno's, will have car diesel pumps from the look of things. From what I could see, I'd guess the reno's should be done within the next two weeks.

Tried the Sherwood Park and Highway 16 Flying J, nice place. Diesel had a bit of an acrid smell to it, must be the additive package Shell uses, interesting. Excellent price (.759/litre) !