Status
Not open for further replies.

ymz

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI Wagon, 2003 Jetta TDI Wagon
Does Canada have off-road only fuel?
Yes!

(That doesn't mean that no-one out there still uses the stuff... according to one fellow I met, Status Indians are "allowed" to use it on the roadways... I'm not quite convinced, but... I'm not a lawyer, nor do I play one on television...)

Yuri

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2002 Jetta GLS TDI 5-speed
I've learned a lot in the last few days.

1) In Michigan a code enforcement/motor carrier CAN NOT ticket a car. They could on a very rare special circumstance pull you over and force you to wait for a normal Trooper to arrive.

2) Code enforcement/motor carriers can dip a tank, but only on a commercial vehicle. They would never dip a car, since they have no authority to write them a ticket.

3) Normal troopers have no way to dip a tank.

In theory, the OP could have been stopped by a local/county... but he seems to be MIA as soon as I started asking questions.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
See post #25. I quoted your question from post #22, and quoted a scenario identical to mine, for answering your question. Notice the words DOT....? Please post and explain where I avoided your question?

If you're still confused, I'll post it separately as follows:

DOT, Department of transportation.

Edit

play fair, because others have been dipped in a non commercial vehicle applications. So you need to loop those in as well.

I really don't think they are needed to limit to commercial. Tax evasion is tax evasion.

Sent from my s-off'ed m7 with CM11

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
OK, so you claim that in the State of Michigan there was a checkpoint near the border that had Michigan State DOT dipping tanks of diesel vehicles.

Please let me know when and where this occurred, because nobody I've talked to in the State Police have confirmed any part of your story.

turbobrick240

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2011 vw golf tdi(gone to greener pastures), 2001 ford f250 powerstroke
I'd just let it go. Contrived or not, either way he should have our sympathy.

jason_

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 s wagon dsg
Yeah, I'm letting it go. Mod please lock. A question of being fuel checked has rippled into other pointless points of discussion and question.

Sent from my s-off'ed m7 with CM11

belome

Top Post Dawg
TDI
I mean how hard is it to answer a question of where you were.

kydsid

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 Passat
Why does it matter to you Inspector Peurot? Its just a post on an internet forum, let it go.

JDSwan87

Black Swamp Thing
TDI
2001 Jetta TDI, 5 speed Lagoon Blue Metallic(sold); 2005 Jetta TDI Wagon auto
I'm curious myself where it was also. I travel DAILY multiple times into Ohio. OP a PM will suffice if you don't want to make it public.

quartersaw

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta Wagon, '96 B4V,'99 2 door Golf
Never been dipped in my car or truck. It does annoy the heck out of me when I get pulled over and they ask where I'm headed. As if that is relevant or any of their business.
We're surely becoming a 'papers, please' society. The American dream, and freedom are nothing but a myth in the rear view mirror.

Status
Not open for further replies.