Engine Simulation Software

DarrenUK

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Octavia 1999
Remote tool that allows engine simulation.

Test modifications / engine designs using this **free** engine
simulation program.

Very interesting.....

http://www.diesel-rk.bmstu.ru/Eng/index.php?page=Main

Would be good if someone could set up some files for standard tdi engines and make them available so that they could be tweaked for modifications.....

Last edited:

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
I wonder if this is the type of simulation that i was told by a tuner he could use to use higher boost with a 2bar map instead of wiring in a 3bar map.

DarrenUK

Veteran Member
TDI
Skoda Octavia 1999
Mojogoes,

I would not have thought so. My guess is that he was talking about some kind of signal simulator to create or modify the signal that would normally come from one (or more) of your engine sensors.

This program allows simulation of an engine. First you have to enter lots of data about your engine and fuel and then their remote server will calculate what happens when the engine is run on the fuel.

If someone created a virtual tdi lots of variables could be tweaked and virtually tested.

Its possible to try different

injector designs
piston bowl design
turbo chargers design
valve lift and timing
injection timing and injection rate
air and exhaust systems
etc. etc. etc.

I am quite excited by this and hope to get a virtual AGR tdi created (very similar to ALH I think)
Looks like it will take a fair amount of work to create an accurate virtual engine. I'm happy to help coordinate a joint effort if others are interested.

Best

Darren

mojogoes

Top Post Dawg
TDI
mk3 tdi golf
Sounds very interesting and like you say would be invaluable....but to be honest i would think the hart of any further power plus less smokeless output to a tdi lies dominantly in the fuel system mainly the pressure of that system.

But good to have all the same.

xsamx

Veteran Member
TDI
01 Golf Black
This is some really neat software. Not used to seeing much of this. I usually calculate everything in Matlab. Definitely interesting. I've been playing with it for over 5 hours. A definite change in my daily routine. After 6 Okocim beers, nothing makes much sense due to the 5.6% Alcohol. I'll have a better go at it tomorrow. Thanks for the link, very cool to anyone interested in Engineering.