Emissions failed-intake temp sensor and air charge

jhort

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
Hello all. So two faulr codes appeared at smog test. The Air Charge below threshold and the intake air temp sensor. Are these covered under the diesel warranty scandal? Is the air temp sensor same as the air mass flow sensor? I hear its the same part and i k ow the air mass flow sensor is under the warranty. Thanks all.

jhort

Veteran Member
TDI
Passat
Thanks. I read that over and over. I guess i would still be somewhat untrusting and once i take car to dealer they will say that exactly; "not covered" because it's somewhat open to different interpretations. For example, one of the fault codes is the Charge Air Cooler Efficiency Below Threshold. I see that the sensor on this is explicitly covered. But they can turn around and say that it's not the sensor, but rather the part itself, if that makes sense.

I also see that any faults caused by OBDII are covered, but these codes are what they call "permanent" codes so another reason I'm skeptical. Any more feedback, info, suggestions appreciated.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
If it sets a code it is covered, as I said. It is up to you to ensure you can point out to them that it is covered. It says right in there "all disputes are to be settled in favor of the customer". If the dealer says not covered move up the chain to VWoA. Then the class action attorneys that handled the case. This is their job. Most times they want to charge a diagnostic fee which is removed when it is covered. Up to you to try and or just give up and do whatever else you want to do on your own. But I would at least try. Some have very good luck and others not so much. You also need to find a dealer you can work with as they aren't all the same. What is important is that you know that document and the court order and enough about your car to fully explain what is happening with it.