electronic test outlet for 2010 Jetta TDI

rrrcryst

TDI
1996 Passat TDI wagon,
Have been looking for where this has been relocated to. My 96 Passat TDI has it just to the right of the steering wheel. Where is it on the 2010 Jetta?:confused:

Ol'Rattler

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2006 BRM Jetta
I really hate ramps. I had some I used once and they slid on the concrete and got spit out the front.

rrrcryst

TDI
1996 Passat TDI wagon,
2010Jetta TDI electrical connect to computer

Look above the pedals. It is on the left side, on the panel that covers the bottom of the dashboard
Thanks I will check it out in the daylight. 27000miles and getting a service needed message so need to check it out with my Harbor Freight tool.

jcrews

Top Post Dawg
TDI
All gone
If it is 'service now' and not 'emissions workshop' (with engine shaped lamp) then your service interval just expired. There won't be any codes if that's the case, and you just need to do any service (oil change) if applicable and reset the indicator.

rrrcryst

TDI
1996 Passat TDI wagon,
Thanks I will check it out in the daylight. 27000miles and getting a service needed message so need to check it out with my Harbor Freight tool.
Thanks found it.Also got a $7E8 code which is apparently a too rich oxygen sensor. Is that a warranty repair. I am over 3 years now but the EGR system has ,at least I think, a longer warranty. Any reason for the cooling fan to run a bit excessively sporadically when the engine is shut down. Doesn't seem to do it all the time. :)

FistLaw

TDI
2010 Jetta: 6spd manual, APR tune, blk grille
Thanks found it.Also got a $7E8 code which is apparently a too rich oxygen sensor. Is that a warranty repair. I am over 3 years now but the EGR system has ,at least I think, a longer warranty. Any reason for the cooling fan to run a bit excessively sporadically when the engine is shut down. Doesn't seem to do it all the time. :)
The occasional, loudly running fan seems to occur when the engines been shut off during a DPF regen cycle. Not to fear, just cooling the filter down from its 9k degree atmospheric re-entry.