Elbrus Wheels

Mark Rudella

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf - Reflex Silver
Has anyone had any experience with this manufacturer of wheels? I've been looking at upgrading, and I've stumbled across these on TireRack. Specifically, I'm looking at the Elbrus I04 rims, which I think would look the best on a reflex silver Golf.

The weight is at 20 lbs a piece, which I'm not crazy about, but it could obviously be worse.

I've googled the name, and pretty much come up with the same results - people posting this type of thread on forums, but no real opinion on the quality of the wheel.

Nihilator

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 1.8t wagon
I have Elbrus I05's for my BMW's winter wheels...they seemed a good-looking alternative to steelies that didn't cost that much more..for $670, I got the wheels with Bridgestone Blizzak WS-60's mounted and balanced. I have had no problems with them, but only had the winter tires on the road for 3,000 miles last year. The quality looks good, they're pressure-cast instead of gravity-cast, and the only thing I really didn't like about them was the big "Elbrus" imprinted on one of the spokes. I considered lighter rims, but didn't think that the loss of a pound or a pound-and-a-half on each wheel was worth an extra $200 to me.

Recently I ordered I04's with Dunlop SP Sport Signatures for my wife's new Pontiac Vibe...it came with steelies and those godawful Goodyear Eagle RS-A's. They're on back-order until mid-September, unfortunately.

I agree that the I04's would look good with the RS...my wife's Vibe is "Liquid Platinum", which looks very similar to RS.

--Chris

Mark Rudella

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf - Reflex Silver
Chris,

Thanks for the reply. I know that TireRack doesn't generally sell junk, so I think I'm going to go for it, and hope for the best.

Mark