EGR delete on 3.0TDI SUV - just software?

OmniGLH

TDI
Porsche Cayenne Diesel
So I did search a bit, and I read a a lot about "blockoff plate" but those are all in reference to the 4-cyl TDI's.

If I did a Malone tune that included EGR delete on my Cayenne Diesel - would I have to go through the 6+ hours of work to pull the EGR valve and put some plate on?

Or does the software just keep the valve shut?

I know for the DEF delete, you need to change physical hardware. Google pulls up companies that sell all the updated hardware to do it. But I have yet to find a place that sells any kind of EGR delete hardware - only DEF.

I'm considering a "delete" tune - but will likely work with Malone to keep the DEF as it makes a reasonable positive impact on emissions without hurting performance, only for the mild inconvenience of keeping the tank full. Another guy I know has already spoken to Malone and confirmed they can do the software this way.

But we're not clear on what hardware changes (if any?) are needed to "delete" EGR but keep DEF.

OmniGLH

TDI
Porsche Cayenne Diesel
Nobody?

Does everybody here who's done the "delete" completely remove the EGR valve on the 3.0 TDI?

adamss24

Veteran Member
TDI
audi a4 2.5 tdi 98 quatrro 6speed
Depending on engine code there are EGR delete kits outhere to buy for doing that however the CEL light will have to be turned off in the tune...