EFT Transfer

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
My card was not issued until about a month after the first ones came out, and it expires at the end of December. The expiration month and year are on the front of the card, above your name.

Rsovitzky

TDI
2011 Jetta gray
Wow, that's a long way from Cedarburg. I live a few miles away and will be there on 21 DEC. Just sayin'

Same here.
Last week when I got email saying my offer was available for downloading printing and notarization, I accessed the portal to retrieve the offer and one of the steps prior to printing the offer was selecting EFT or paper check.
That was last time I was asked by the portal on payment preference. As of yesterday my buyback appt is booked for 2pm on Dec 7th at Hall VW Brookfield. As of this writing I have gotten no email from VW regarding Chase Bank or their QuickPay product.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG
The above was my experience exactly.

Nothing from Chase but I have an appointment for 11/29 for buyback. I selected 3:30 (local dealer time) and the e-mail confirming this had 3:30 as the time. Yet when I go back to the claims website it says 4:30 (local dealer time) :confused:
It looks as if the website has been corrected. It now tells me that my appointment is at 3:30 (local dealer time)

Snowmobileaddict

TDI
2011 Jetta Sedan TDI
Wow, that's a long way from Cedarburg. I live a few miles away and will be there on 21 DEC. Just sayin'

I work in Waukesha and Hall is my dealer. I would have taken whatever came first at whatever dealer. However, Hall was only outfit in the metro area scheduling buyback appointments a week ago when I was booking one. No Umansky (old concours) no EVS, no Boucher.

The next closest dealer that was taking appointments for buybacks when I was scheduling mine last Monday was somewhere in Appleton if I recall correctly, an it was further out in December.

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
2010 Jetta TDI BOUGHT BACK 23 NOV 16. Now owner of 2016 Jeep Cherokee
So we are less then 48 hrs from me turning in my car and nothing yet requesting my bank info for the eft ! The portal still shows I am on schedule for turn in ... cleaning my car out tonight and saying my goodbyes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf TDI (wife's car)
So we are less then 48 hrs from me turning in my car and nothing yet requesting my bank info for the eft ! The portal still shows I am on schedule for turn in ... cleaning my car out tonight and saying my goodbyes
This isn't making sense that they would cut it so close. I am wondering if they will just show up with a check.

The other alternative is that you supply routing/account info at the time of the buyback, but they didn't put that on the checklist of things to bring with you (last time I looked - unless they changed the document).

Mine has been cleaned out and ready to go since Sept.

k1xv

Veteran Member
TDI
09 TDI sedan, sold back 12/16. Present cars 2013 BMW X5 diesel, 2015 Corvette convertible
So ... cleaning my car out tonight and saying my goodbyes
I knew someone who passed away. His family left goodbye notes with him in his casket. Maybe you could leave a note under the seat. :(

BuyMeBackSoon

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 golf

Maybe this whole thing is an early April fools joke?

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
I knew someone who passed away. His family left goodbye notes with him in his casket. Maybe you could leave a note under the seat. :(
I actually was thinking about stuffing a note somewhere where they would find it maybe near the wipers so when they go to remove the ECM or somewhere

almost 120k on her .. has a cracked dpf. Overdose of door dings and dents i have a feeling she will not be saved for resale (i cant imagine the logistics/storage cost this early on until something is approved is worth it for a high mileage car)

So I was going to write something like may you assure the scrappers claws come down softly on it or something funny

Dr. D

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL

Please keep us updated.

jen_madcity

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL

Same for me (nothing from Chase about bank info), and I'm 4 days from buyback.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
I don't think Hallmark has something that is quite right for this situation :D.

prenvw

TDI
VW sportswagen

Did you get a reminder from vw? Maybe it will say something about EFT in the reminder? Someone on the forum said got email from Chase Pay about setting up account. It will also make sense if you just give them back info at the appointment...

doche002

TDI
Jetta sportswagen 2011
Yesterday, after booking my turn in appointment, I read here that there was supposed to be a selection of check or EFT, which I did not see. So I went so far as to cancel my turn in appointment, and re-book a second time. On the second try, I STILL did not see any choice of check vs EFT, and there was nothing that told me to go back and make such a choice.

And at the step where I am, I can find no way through the vwgoa web site of going back and making the selection. I called the CLAIM number, and the person there was full of misinformation. She thought that there were two separate turn in appointments. One, where you bring the car in and they verify mileage, VIN, and inspect the car, and then, on another day, you actually turn in the car and get paid.

After hearing that, I knew that rep would not be a source of any useful information, and I said good bye.
The choice for check vs EFT appeared when you uploaded your notarized offer letter.

Conrad -JSW

Veteran Member
TDI
2012 JSW DSG

Give her a big kiss and a hug then don't look back...

I'm pretty sure that they're going to ask for our banking info at the buyback.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
I'm pretty sure that they're going to ask for our banking info at the buyback.
That's what I would have expected right from the start. Hand them a voided check - that has the routing and the account numbers on it. I wouldn't trust anyone to be able to read my handwriting :eek:.

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
That's what I would have expected right from the start. Hand them a voided check - that has the routing and the account numbers on it. I wouldn't trust anyone to be able to read my handwriting :eek:.

24 hrs to go and crickets .. I am going to take a voided check with me to the dealership

akafirestorm

TDI
JSW 2011
I'm betting they won't ask for banks routing number or account number until you turn in the car. For those not familiar with EFT transfer it's pretty simple stuff just digitally transferring funds directly to your bank account instead of printing a check. The 9 digits in a row on the bottom left of your bank checks is your routing number. If your like me and don't use checks cause they suck, lol! You can call your bank they will give you your routing number you need.
Note: Make sure that your routing number (American banks use 9 digit routing numbers) and your Bank account numbers are correct or that will be a mess!
Paper check will take your bank up to 5 days to clear an EFT takes a couple days to show on your account. Feds require slight delay for fraud prevention.

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Feds require slight delay for fraud prevention.
no the feds don't require any delay for fraud prevention. Delays come because of the ACH clearinghouse they use being old old technology. (Stuff is cleared once a day at night by the Fed (Federal Reserve) who acts as the main clearinghouse for the ACH system and it works on batch files being transferred around -- 70s/80s tech).

Fraud prevention is done before the transfer happens through KYC and other AML policies that your financial institution has in place.

There are alternative money transfer systems that banks and other financial institutions can use that are much faster, up to instantaneous. But they are not institutionalized (meaning become part of the financial infrastructure of the US so that all or almost all financial institutions are part of the same systems). If the fed required a delay for fraud prevention these alternative systems would also be delayed.

(KYC == Know Your Customer / AML = Anti Money Laundering)

Dr. D

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL
24 hrs to go and crickets .. I am going to take a voided check with me to the dealership

I hope you start a new thread so it doesn't get lost in all the weeds.

Thanks again

jen_madcity

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Sportwagen TDI SEL

Today is the big day for you...let us know how everything goes. Good luck!

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
Today is the big day for you...let us know how everything goes. Good luck!
Indeed.

The computer network gods have decided that our office should not have connectivity, so I am dead in the water. This sort of thing is usually an omen that it is time to start drinking. :D

I am tempted to head down to Stolhman (5 minutes away) to see how the thing goes..

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
So just completed the buyback

If you choose eft you get an email in 24 hrs after "closing" from a 3rd party (I am assuming Chase) to enter account info

Then 3 days to get your $$$

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI

If you choose eft you get an email in 24 hrs after "closing" from a 3rd party (I am assuming Chase) to enter account info

That fills in some missing details, I guess. But they say 3 days, and given how everything else here has been running, I am wondering if it will turn out being more like 2 weeks. I hope that my cynical guess turns out to be wrong.

wilcharl

Veteran Member
TDI
Some more "live" info

If you select the paper check AND your mileage is in the same window as you entered when you scheduled , you get handed the check

If it's outside the window they write void on the and FedEx it back to the fatherland for reissue

Dr. D

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TDI SEL

You mean routing and account #s? Or they send you login info regarding your "chase" account?
Do you have an option to take a check?

Last edited:

skinnyb

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 JSW TDI

My payment for my seller compensation came within 2 days after I signed up with Chase. Was pretty quick... Just look close to the spam folder to be sure the sign up email doesn't get lost...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

chadbag

Veteran Member
TDI
2x 2013 JSW (1 manual BOUGHT BACK 12/20/16, 1 DSG BOUGHT BACK 1/14/17), Audi A3 e-tron gas-plugin-hybrid, gas Volvo V60
Some more "live" info

If you select the paper check AND your mileage is in the same window as you entered when you scheduled , you get handed the check

If it's outside the window they write void on the and FedEx it back to the fatherland for reissue

Outside the window in either direction? Or just a check that is too much? The settlement made it sound as if when they owe you more as your mileage is lower than assumed, they would give you the check and just send a make-up check.

ericy

Veteran Member
TDI
My payment for my seller compensation came within 2 days after I signed up with Chase. Was pretty quick... Just look close to the spam folder to be sure the sign up email doesn't get lost...
I would like to know the protections that are in place so that if someone hacks your email that they can't divert your payment.