Driver’s Side Door Lock Red Light is Blinking Funny

RevM

TDI
2000 NB
Normally the red light when blinking tells you the doors are locked and the security alarm has been activated. Unlock and the light goes out. But not anymore! When the doors are unlocked the red light stays on. Now when my doors are closed and locked my light blinks five times very quickly then goes completely out for a second and then does it again for five blinks then goes out again for a second, repeat, repeat, etc. I have a safety inspection coming up real soon and it needs to be working properly. Any idea what is wrong and how to fix it?

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
Why would you fail inspection for an alarm indication? If the door locks and unlocks it shouldn’t be an issue.
If your worried about it disconnect the the light in the door panel and no more red light.
What you should do is run a scan with VCDS to see what the car is seeing.
But i suspect you may be having an issue with one of the micro switches in the door lock module..... just my . 02 .

RevM

TDI
2000 NB
Thanks for the replies.

Yes the horn beeps. Everything works the way it is supposed to work except for the red light blinking. And it did pass the inspection today. I will run a scan when I get back "home" and will check the door lock module.