Dr. Dan's Bio-Diesel

godlike242

Veteran Member
Re: Dr. Dan\'s Bio-Diesel

i need some too...

i miss the lack of smoke, and the smooth running of bio..

i'll be giving the man a call as well..

e-VOLVed

Veteran Member
TDI
All deceased
Dr. Dan\'s Bio-Diesel

He recieved another tote just before the new year, a little more than a month after we tapped out his supply.

He has 3 keys left for the pump if you're going to get one and the pump has been recalibrated.

Come one, come all and get the good stuff.

jorpet

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Jetta - 2015 Golf SW

He has gotten another tote since the new year. This one is very red in color, not clear like the last couple have been. I was running it at B100 with no additives and man could it put out an impressive white cloud at start up.

I suspect the current tote is from WVO rather than the higher quality stuff from soy oil. I suspect the cetane level in the redish stuff is really low and needs some help from a cetane boost. Once I added the cetane boost all the start smoke went away.

kailei

I just met Dr. Dan this afternoon.
I paid the deposit and got a key to the pump!
Then put in 5 gallons of Biodiesel into my Beetle. I am so excited about doing my little part to support renewable energy production in the US.
Thanks Dan for making it so easy.

godlike242

Veteran Member

<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by jorpet:
He has gotten another tote since the new year. This one is very red in color, not clear like the last couple have been. I was running it at B100 with no additives and man could it put out an impressive white cloud at start up.

I suspect the current tote is from WVO rather than the higher quality stuff from soy oil. I suspect the cetane level in the redish stuff is really low and needs some help from a cetane boost. Once I added the cetane boost all the start smoke went away.
<hr></blockquote>

that's annoying.. the extra cost + the additive as well != a happy boy here.