dpf information required.

GrampaJ

TDI
2001 TDI
Recently purchased a 2011 Golf TDI. I need to know what the v band flange size is where the dpf mounts to the turbo. I need a flange that will fit the stock turbocharger so that I can install a downpipe. I am a welder and would especially like stainless if possible. Anyone have the actual size or know of a part number etc. for that flange.

Thanks for any info.

Grampa"J"

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
Having done quite a few of those flanges for air systems and various exhausts and brewery repairs... they only come in a few sizes. Normal sizes. 2, 2.25,2.5,3 so on and so forth.
I really like the ones I find on amazon. They are cheap and full SS. Just measure the pipe you want to weld and the ID of the flange you want to match. You can look at specs on listings to verify angle and OD of the flange face. But there almost always the same. I cant vouch for this car. Never did downpipe stuff for any customers or friends on any tdi other than my own. They usually just buy the kit.
Sorry I cant give you a direct answere but it might be faster to measure than wait for a vendor or guru to reply with those details.

GrampaJ

TDI
2001 TDI
Thank you... I thought about ordering it after I pull it apart but am trying to have the parts here up front so I can do the job in a day or two. I used to spend a lot more time here and have learned that there is so much knowledge on this forum. I am guessing 2.5 or a step up or down.

Grampa "J"