Do titanium bumper screws exist for any VW?

I3arruka

TDI
Titan - 2015 VW Golf TDI
Hey Everyone,

So I live in Chicago and don't want to deal with rusty screws anymore with the plastic under shield and wheel wells. I've done online and searches here and I can't imagine I'm the first one to think or ask about this. Has anyone ever come across titanium screws for VW's period? How about for MK7 Golf? If you have for either can you share a link on where to buy?

Thanks,
J

Nuje

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Sportwagen; Golf GLS 2002 (swap from 2L gas); 2016 A3 e-tron
How about just stainless steel? I'd think the trick would be finding a screw that has a flat wide head, but isn't just a Philips screw.
I greatly appreciate that all the screws under the car are Torx so I can hit them with an impact or power ratchet.

Maybe just buy a 20-pack of OEM screws (they do have some anti-corrosion stuff on them) from the dealer and replace them every couple years. (?)

Andyinchville1

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Jetta TDI wagon, 5 sp, 226K miles
Hi

I used to race remote control cars so I know titanium screws turnbuckles and other small parts are available.

What are the screw sizes you are looking for?

I supposed not cost effective but I could probably ask my friend who works at a machine shop if he could machine titanium screws from a block of titanium.

Andrew

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
ahhh.... just clean things up, put it back together but before you close the gap, use some RTv gasket maker under the head of the bolt and or on the back of the nut. old trick from putting water pumps on where corrosion and dissimilar metals is the worst. OR for non torque critical things, silicone grease on the threads...

I3arruka

TDI
Titan - 2015 VW Golf TDI
All good solutions, Might go silicone grease route (love learning tips and tricks like that). I don't know what size those undercarriage plastic shield screws are. I'm open to stainless steel too and am probably going to end up getting new OEM again.