Do I get paid too?

403welder

TDI
2006 jetta, 2015 jetta
I needed to get a battery for my fob and decided to check at the same time if my second fix had been done on my car(I bought it in 2018). Turns out only phase one has been done. So my question is that if I get the phase 2 done do I get a restitution check for the second phase? or is it sent to the original owner? Or is there one at all? should I even get phase 2 done?
Or did I miss the bus completely haha. Who doesn’t like free money if their entitled to it.

i tried doing a search but nothing came up. I am really contemplating if I should even do it because my car is running fine as it is.

let me know what you guys think.
Thanks

Last edited:

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
What is it that you want to get paid for? Did you read the documentation?

TurboABA

Top Post Dawg
TDI
RIP-2010 Jetta 6spd 2014 Touareg Execline
Which of the following applies to you that makes you think you are getting free money?

If the Settlement receives court approval, Volkswagen has agreed to offer in Canada the following benefits to eligible owners and lessees:
  • Many owners and lessees of these vehicles will also have choices that may include vehicle buyback, trade-in, early lease termination and, if approved by regulators, emissions modification.
CURRENT OWNERS:
If you purchased your vehicle on or before September 18, 2015 and are the current owner, you may be eligible to choose one of the following:
  • Buyback OR Trade-In of your vehicle AND Cash Payment
  • Approved Emissions Modification. Keep your vehicle AND receive an extended emissions warranty AND Cash Payment. This option is only available if a modification is approved by regulators.
If you purchased your vehicle after September 18, 2015 and are the current owner, you may be eligible to choose:

FORMER OWNERS:
If you owned your vehicle on September 18, 2015 and no longer own the vehicle, you may be eligible for a Cash Payment.

CURRENT LESSEES:
If you were leasing your vehicle from VW Credit Canada, Inc. (also known as Audi Finance and Volkswagen Finance) on September 18, 2015 and you remain in your lease, you may be eligible to choose:
  • Early Lease Termination AND Cash Payment.
  • Approved Emissions Modification. Keep your vehicle AND receive an extended emissions warranty AND Cash Payment. This option is only available if a modification is approved by regulators.
FORMER LESSEES:
If you were leasing your vehicle from VW Credit Canada, Inc. (also known as Audi Finance or Volkswagen Finance) on September 18, 2015 and your lease has since ended, you may be eligible for a Cash Payment. In the event that you buy out your leased vehicle at lease-end, you may be eligible to choose:
Approved Emissions Modification. Keep your vehicle AND receive an extended emissions warranty AND Cash Payment .

ticaf

Veteran Member
TDI
Stock 2015 Golf SW S Manual TDI
VW did not cheat you, you bought the car after the fact. But best to call VW, you never know.

Lightflyer1

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2015 Beetle tdi dsg
The documentation is online and readily available to anyone who looks (from the settlement with VW). You bought after the fact knowing full well what you were getting. You are included in the Extended Emissions Warranty, but no one owes you anything.