Dirty VW's

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2001 Beetle GLS TDI (BIODSL). 01 original Glow Bug TDI (sold)
Sooo, i haven't seen this before, and we'll see how people take it, but i was thinking i always see the nice clean vw pictures people post but what about those dirty ones? i 'm thinking dirt, mud, bugs, gambler 500's, rally cars, the wagon after 2 weeks off the grid with the fam. that's what I'm looking for. What do you all got? any good story's or pic's? we'll see what people think maybe it won't be very popular, but if you have a picture of a muddy vw then put it on here. it'll be fun to see what people have.

Since i made the thread it's only fair i start. here was my 2001 vw GlowBug in the spring. Roads were all muddy, and as seen here in the pic i just blew my first (and only) cv axle. I made a quick spin around on the road because i had just watched a telephone pole catch fire from a large spark that dropped, and i was going to put it out quick. Well the cv blew and i ended up calling the FD because it flared up so quick. since i was stuck on the side of the road i took a picture of my muddy car.

red16vdub

Veteran Member
TDI
03 JSW 5spd
Sooo, i haven't seen this before, and we'll see how people take it, but i was thinking i always see the nice clean vw pictures people post but what about those dirty ones? i 'm thinking dirt, mud, bugs, gambler 500's, rally cars, the wagon after 2 weeks off the grid with the fam. that's what I'm looking for. What do you all got? any good story's or pic's? we'll see what people think maybe it won't be very popular, but if you have a picture of a muddy vw then put it on here. it'll be fun to see what people have.

Since i made the thread it's only fair i start. here was my 2001 vw GlowBug in the spring. Roads were all muddy, and as seen here in the pic i just blew my first (and only) cv axle. I made a quick spin around on the road because i had just watched a telephone pole catch fire from a large spark that dropped, and i was going to put it out quick. Well the cv blew and i ended up calling the FD because it flared up so quick. since i was stuck on the side of the road i took a picture of my muddy car.
Yea try washing that thing, lol.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Oh i do, takes a little while lol. Then after that you have to scrub all the really fine clay off with a microfiber because it sticks to the clear even under water pressure. In the salt belt you have to wash cars a lot if you don't want them to rust out.

GlowBugTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
Nice salt bath! Oh, I did forget salt! how could i do that, I live with this stuff half of my year. Only thing harder then not hitting a deer, is keeping the salt off the car lol.