Diesel oil on concrete driveway

cowgirl007

TDI
2003 Jetta GL 143k miles Original Owner
A couple weeks ago I destroyed my oil pan by taking a bump too fast. I didn’t realize it until I had driven up the driveway and parked in the garage. The car was due for an oil change so the stuff was extra black. I’ve tried everything I can think of but these black spots will not budge from the driveway.

So far I’ve tried Dawn, baking soda, petroleum solvent/ pumice hand degreaser, Lava soap, oxiclean, powdered laundry detergent, driveway degreaser, pull it out, acetone, ammonia, TSP and Coke. Any ideas?

Tdijarhead

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2003 TDI Jetta Daughters Car, 2001 TDI Beetle, Wife’s car, 2005 Golf TDI Mine, all 5 spds
Diesel oil is pretty bad in the sense that it stains everything. I have oil spots on the concrete in my driveway, they will fade over time. I have noticed that when I put oil absorption ( available at Walmart or any auto parts store) there is a light dust that seems to help fade those dark spots. I will typically leave the oil absorption on the spot for a week or more.

I live in the country and even with oil spots my driveway is far better than any other within a mile or more. No one can see it as they drive by so I’m not concerned about it in that respect. Though if I lived in town it would probably be a different story.

cowgirl007

TDI
2003 Jetta GL 143k miles Original Owner
I live in the country and even with oil spots my driveway is far better than any other within a mile or more. No one can see it as they drive by so I’m not concerned about it in that respect. Though if I lived in town it would probably be a different story.
I don’t own the house and the landlord is pissed.

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
Try some dry, unmixed concrete. Rub it in the oil stain

jmodge

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 alh Jetta, RC2 w/.205's 5speed daily summer commuter and 2000 alh Jetta 5spd swap, 2" lift, hitch, stage 3 TDtuning w/.216's winter cruiser, 1996 Tacoma ALh
If that doesn’t work, don’t leave a forwarding address

ZippyNH

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 JETTA TDI SE
Liquid tide and lime in a paste seems to be the fix for spots if I remember correctly...
But will take weeks of it take it out...as in all summer if you are lucky.
Look around, there are some commercial mixes ti remove spot's, but if I recall the tide and lime was the diy one that people used for years.
It's the same idea as removing a stain from a granite countertops.....

gulfcoastguy

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI sold, Mazda 3 purchased
Paint the whole driveway the same color as the stain? I actually did something like that when I was in charge of expanding and remodeling an office. I picked a vinyl tile that the typical stain on the old tile would just blend into.