Diesel Geek Plate Install Review

CMB430

Veteran Member
TDI
2009 Jetta TDI
Hello,

I wanted to post about my installation of the Panzer skid plate. It went smooth and took less than two hours. The only issues I had, which were minor, were that there were no covers on the studs on the frame rail. My studs were not even fully threaded, but had partial threads but still gripped the nuts well. Secondly, Diesel Geek was nice enough to put an extra set of 4ea plate mounting nuts in the kit for me but did not put in the single green bolt used on the left side. Luckily, I had a similar bolt to use and did not have to wait for a part to be shipped to me.

I took a close look at the plastic OEM pan I left off the car...and I have only a few minor surface scratches at the lowest point. Hopefully the new metal one will be the same way.

I recommend the Diesel Geek plate to all drivers...good instructions and a solid product.

Dieselgeek

TDIClub Enthusiast, Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2016 Golf TDI
The green bolts no longer exist so we put in a silver standard one with big washer. We are waiting on one more thing to upload an update to the manual but the diffs are minor.