"Diesel Fuel Only" Key Chain / Fuel cap Tag

jpsum

Vendor
TDI
"DIESEL FUEL ONLY" Key Chain - New and Improved!

SPECIFICATION
Rubber key chain with white text "DIESEL FUEL ONLY" in all Caps on both sides. Key chain with text in lower case in photo above is outdated.

Dimensions (approximate)
Tag size: 2" x 1.5"
Overall size: 2.75" x 1.5" (exclude key ring)
Metal key ring: 1" diameter

Available in Red and Dark Green.

NEW PRICING
2.99 each + shipping

Buy from our store at http://www.diesel4life.com

SHIPPING
USPS First-Class mail shipping to USA and CANADA only.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

UPDATE 2: OK, I've finally run out of stock. Need to see if there is enough interest on this forum to start a second batch.
If there is enough demand for it, the next batch will be:Double-sided
  • Cheaper in price (it will start at around $3 shipped for one, etc.)
  • Option in green and red
If you are interested, please reply to this post and let me know. Thanks guys.

UPDATE 3:

New key chains available in early March 2012. Pre-order available at www.diesel4life.com

UPDATE 4:
TDI Guys and Girls,

I guess I've underestimated the demand for these key chains. As of today, I'm already out of stock on the red ones from my second batch from March. I do however have a handful of dark green ones left.

I've got a few messages asking if I'll have more red ones in the future...

At the beginning, I was hoping to make a few bucks on the weekends and also more importantly, supply the TDI community with this simple product which was lacking in the market. Unfortunately, it was very time consuming to fill the orders as I have a very demanding day job. Therefore, I'm not planning to have another batch made in the foreseeable future. :(

If you are interested in getting a red one, don't wait. Get a green one instead before I run out altogether.

Cheers,

John
April 9, 2012

UPDATE 5:

Hi guys and girls,

I have sold my key chain business (diesel4life.com) off to another member here on TDIclub.com. Thank you for everyone's support in the past. The new owner will be offering some newer and better stuff soon. He's a great guy to deal with. Please check out diesel4life.com in the near future.

Cheers!

John
7/2/2012

Last edited:

blacktux

TDI
2005 Jetta GLS PD/BEW
Thumbs up! Great idea if dealerships want to start loaning out TDI's for loaners!

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
Cool idea. However, I have to chuckle just a tad to see people STILL misfueling their new TDI's despite all the factory badges:

Nevertheless, I'll likely buy one of these things for our 2012 Passat TDI (when we have it) to insure the wife doesn't goof up simply by selecting Premium Unleaded out of habit. She never fuels up my TDI and has never owned her own diesel. My MKIII has an aftermarket locking fuel cap who's key is on my key chain only. I'M the only one who can fuel it. :)

Scott

Last edited:

JSWTDI09

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 JSW TDI (gone but not forgotten)
I received my key chains yesterday. This is not a complaint, I received exactly what I expected, but I have a suggestion.

If you decide to do a second production run - I would have gladly paid another dollar or two to have the "Diesel Fuel Only" message printed on both sides of the tag. That way it would be obvious no matter which side of the tag was visible. Just a thought.

Have Fun!

Don

jpsum

Vendor
TDI
I received my key chains yesterday. This is not a complaint, I received exactly what I expected, but I have a suggestion.

If you decide to do a second production run - I would have gladly paid another dollar or two to have the "Diesel Fuel Only" message printed on both sides of the tag. That way it would be obvious no matter which side of the tag was visible. Just a thought.

Have Fun!

Don
Thanks for the suggestion, Don. If we get a chance for a second production, we will print on both sides. :)

TDiSkater

Veteran Member
TDI
2011 JSW DSG Salsa Red
I agree with Don, but didn't have much of an expectation when ordered. Figured it's a keychain. I have to admit they aren't bad. Glad I got them. They're noticeable, seem that they'll hold up well and the rubber doesn't stab me in my pocket.

jpsum

Vendor
TDI
I agree with Don, but didn't have much of an expectation when ordered. Figured it's a keychain. I have to admit they aren't bad. Glad I got them. They're noticeable, seem that they'll hold up well and the rubber doesn't stab me in my pocket.

Glad you like them. :D

aywkubttod

Veteran Member
TDI
02 Golf TDI
Ordered one a couple of weeks ago (sent to 32501) but forgot to post here. Shipped in <24hrs, arrived quickly.

It's great, hard to miss with an open fuel door. Totally worth a couple bucks as an extra line of defense against an inattentive girlfriend/wife/teenager filling up the tank.

DanG144

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2005 A4 Jetta 5spd
I ordered 30 of them, one for every fuel door and spare key (liable to be left with service [though very unlikely] or when loaned.)

I will give the rest away at the GTG this weekend.

aja8888

Top Post Dawg
TDI
Out of TDI's
Good idea, and I may order a half dozen or so, BUT, has anybody ever painted their fuel cap red and put white lettering on it? Then they would have a match.

BrentRN

Veteran Member
TDI
Used to have many. Now a Golf TSI.
I ordered 5 for me and my TDI friends. I really like the soft plastic fob and the lettering still looks perfect after 2 months use. Everyone has been happy with them. Highly recommended.

I would also vote for double-sided printing if there is another run.