Dash LCD's Blank!

Jeff_Duncan

Veteran Member
Today after work I went out to the TDI and found that all three LCD's were blank, save for a couple ticks here and there on the left LCD. By ticks I mean like a "-" as the top of an "8". No miles. No trip, no gear indicator and no clock. ***? It all worked when I shut it off!

Note: I had the Herm TDI coolant migration fix two years ago.

Also note: About a month ago I had minor front end damage, but needed to have the radiator and condenser replaced. There are no leaks, and the car has been running fine since the work was done.

Any ideas?

J

Last edited:

Lee_Taylor

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A3 1.4 COD
I had this occur on my Bora a couple of years ago when we had a week of fog. Once the weather improved the display came back (slowly) I put it down to the humidity as it never happened again. Don't know if this helps.

Cropduster

TDI
2005 Jetta 1.9 (BEW)
LCD dash failure

Just Last week, I had the same problem on my early 05 Jetta. Found your post while searching for a solution. I think I caused my own problem when adding coolant (in a sloppy manner) a couple of weeks ago, after replacing my coolant temperature sensor. It appears that I have corrected the problem. Only time will tell. I removed the connector from the coolant tank, and looking at it closely with a loop (magnifying glass), I could see corrosion. I use Deoxit to clean both the connector blades, and the receiving connector half. I used a very small screwdriver to spread the blade receiver part, to get the fluid in. I then connected and re-connected the halves together about a dozen times, and then dried up any excess fluid. Prior to the fix, I had no digital display of the clock, or center shift display (automatic). Strangely, I had display of mileage, and trip counter. But neither one worked! All now seems to be back to normal. Hope it all stays that way. Thanks to all the members postings. Without them, I would never had the faintest idea on where to start. By the way, there seems to be a lot of anti-oxidation products on the market, but they really only prevent oxidation, rather than the Deoxit, which seems to remove it, and protect it. Good Luck! Jack