D2 in Richmond, VA?

saitoh

TDI
NB 2002 5spd
Just finished a move to the capital, and I have about a half tank left. By my calculations, this should last me at least this week, and possibly part of next with the in town driving conditions of Franklin and Broad/Grace streets (the majority of what I'd be doing). This gives me an opprotunity to find out some information.

To those out there who live or commute in Richmond, where do you recomend getting D2? I know of a BP stations about 20 blocks up W Broad or so, and then a string of Citgo's after that, but is there a special place that people havn't had problems specifically? Just curious for suggestions on where to consider. Thanks.

Beowulf

Veteran Member
TDI
A3 Jetta, 1998, Green
Last time I was in Richmond and able to check up on it there were a couple of Amocos selling PowerBlend diesel (Min Cetane 47). They may still be around as BPs (it looks like you're already familiar with the W Broad St station - I don't know about the Texaco station).

http://www20.brinkster.com/beowulf9/tdi/PremDiesel/PremDiesel.asp?formname=Search1&StateAbbr=VA

[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Texaco[SIZE=-1](335)[/SIZE]45, Situated on N Gaskins Rd, Richmond, VA (Located off of I-64; This is a fairly new Texaco; Pump is labeled as "Premium Diesel"; Another new (but not yet open) Texaco advertising "Premium Diesel" is on (West) Broad Steet near Libbie;)[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial,Helvetica]Amoco[SIZE=-1](366)[/SIZE]47, W Broad St & Skipwith Rd, Richmond, VA 23294 (One diesel pump, labeled PowerBlend; Easily accessible from I-64 via Parham Rd N to a left on Skipwith Rd, at Broad St, go straight through the light into the parking lot for this station's attached shops;)[/FONT]