Cybertdi

jacaster

Veteran Member
Cyber Green NB TDI, moonroof, alloys, stonegard on foglights, Perfect Fit Bra and a GPS

[This message has been edited by jacaster (edited July 28, 1999).]

Jerry

Veteran Member
TDI
Beetle, 99(now sold), red, Passat Wagon, 04 (now sold), Stonehenge, 06 New Beetle, Salsa Red, 5 speed, 12 Passat SE, Opera Red
I strongly recommend mud flaps. My little red beetle has a set of the dealer installed basic black flaps. They work. In addition, given their proximity to the tires, they are virtually invisible. I would not recommend using the ones that match the color of the car.

M

mickey

Apparently they are popular items. Mine have been on back-order since time began.

-mickey

jacaster

Veteran Member
All dealers in my area are way back ordered on those nice moulded splash guards from VW...so I've ordered a cheap set from Mid-America. I'll let you know how they work out.

richardtoh

Veteran Member
The pictures on VW web site do not clearly show how the mud flaps are installed. Can you shed some lights on installation process?

I am thinking of getting a set for mine.

BeetleGo

TDIClub Enthusiast, Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
5-door, 5-speed Golf GLS replaced BeetleGo.
Guaranteed, if you can't follow the instructions, you're impaired. Trust me, it's a breeze and anything I might say here would only rate as a repeat of the simple instructions that come with them.

Only caveat: They're so close to the wheels that they're a real tight fit to get screwed on in the back if you don't have elbow style ratchet wrenches.

They REALLY work. My NB is white, and now stays that way much longer. The black rubber flaps look much better than the body color ones. Who even orders those anyway?! <my opinion!>

------------------
BeetleGo, bye-bye

jacaster

Veteran Member
On another subject, I just installed one of those half dash mats to cut down on the glare a bit...secondary benefit is less noise during the clattery warm-up period.

jacaster

Veteran Member
Anyone had the pivot pin on the rear cargo cover break? Looked like mine had been cracked for quite awhile before it let go.

------------------

Old & Slow...
Been there, done that.
Cyber Green 99NB TDI

[This message has been edited by jacaster (edited November 21, 1999).]

DEZLBOY

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS, Candy White
FWIW...I've read that to install the rear guards on a Golf, that the rear wheels need to be removed.....

jacaster

Veteran Member
Finally got the Autobaun splash guards installed...simple and real nice fit.
I think they would make a good foundation for soft rally type mud flaps... that would be a good addition if you drive gravel roads alot.

------------------

Old & Slow...
Been there, done that.
Cyber Green 99NB TDI