Cooling fans

BuckeyeMan71

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon
I recently had to replace both my cooling fans and haven’t seen them kick on yet. Is there a way I can test them with my VCDS cable? Do I have to do anything special

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dh4276

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI, BEW
I was able to test mine using VCDS, I had never paid attention to if they came on, and saw the option to test them, so I did and they were working. So I now know the motors work.

I’ll have to go back in and see exactly where the test was, can do that tomorrow if needed!

BuckeyeMan71

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta wagon
I was able to test mine using VCDS, I had never paid attention to if they came on, and saw the option to test them, so I did and they were working. So I now know the motors work.

I’ll have to go back in and see exactly where the test was, can do that tomorrow if needed!

Ok thanks. Mine worked just don’t know it they are kicking on while driving for sure or not

csstevej

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 golf tdi 4 door auto now a manual, mine, 2000 golf 2 door M/T son's,daughters 98 NB non-TDI 2.0, 2003 TDI NB for next daughter, head repaired and on road,gluten for punishment got another tdi 2001NB,another yellow tdi NB
They won’t kick on till around 212 degrees I think.
If the ac is on they should be running.
Don’t rely on you temp gauge as it’s not the most reliable gauge there.
Use a scan gauge to see what temps your operating at of some other odbII comparable device.

Dh4276

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Golf GLS TDI, BEW
Ok thanks. Mine worked just don’t know it they are kicking on while driving for sure or not

Ok, I just keep
My eye on my gauge (which has been verified to be reading correct) and checked with the AC on . They also came on with the AC.