Completed 40k service today and need some help...

pearing

TDI
2015 Golf TDI
I have a 2015 tdi sport wagon. Overall the service went as planned except for two things and I need some advice/help with them.

1. when I serviced the tranny, my mechanic friends $5000 Mac computer refused to interface with my car. As such we used his remote thermostat for the trans temp. I know this is not ideal, but it is what we had. Now the car makes a higher pitch whirring noise at around 50mph and stays with the car as I increase speed. Any ideas??? Yes I did change the filter, which segues into my next question:

2. When I started the car it threw every light imaginable. Now just a check engine light and the tpms light are on. What gives... I thought there was no penalty for removing the battery. Ideas? We did check the tire pressure.

Thanks

Last edited:

Unrealsigns

TDI
2001 Jetta 5spd
I would have to look at what you did in 40k service but most fluid exchange would let air in system causing sensors to react as they should. Step one check codes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unrealsigns

TDI
2001 Jetta 5spd
As far as removing battery. I removed mine once to clean for class. It ran like crap missing almost stalling for about 20 miles driven and 1 hour including idle before driving trying to figure out what’s wrong. The computer had it running tip top when it was seriously in need of its first tuneup at 100k miles. Of course this is rare but with all inputs working correctly the cpu makes best output for emissions which makes it run as it should.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

meerschm

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2009 Jetta wagon DSG 08/08 205k buyback 1/8/18; replaced with 2017 Golf Wagon 4mo 1.8l CXBB
might want to take a close look under the hood. I suspect some part is out of place from moving the intake and battery out of the way. check stuff that rotates.

If you changed fuel filter, look around for extra parts or tools near belts and pulleys. check alignment of hoses and wires.

if you rotated the tires, look for loose parts near them.

Make sure the lower panels are all properly in place.

internals should not change sound after changing fluids.

does the sound increase in frequency (tone) or volume as speed increases? does it match rpm changes?

Last edited: