Clearance sale at VW of Langhorne (Philly, PA)

pm22071985

Veteran Member
TDI
This is terrible sad news. I hope/pray that Chris gets healthy. He is far too young to have to deal with this stuff.

He was by far the most accommodating and honest car salesmen I have ever delt with.... Get healthy, so I can buy another VW from you.

If anyone is local to the dealership please keep us updated.

VeeDubTDI

Wanderluster, Traveler, TDIClub Enthusiast
TDI
‘18 Tesla Model 3D+, ‘14 Cadillac ELR, ‘13 Fiat 500e
I have a call in to Langhorne's general manager to get more information on Chris's condition and which hospital he is in. I will update this thread as soon as I get more details.

RonJitsu

Veteran Member
TDI
2005 Mercedes Benz E320 CDI, 1/2 of a 1985 Jetta 1.6 Diesel
Very sad to hear this. Chris is a great guy. Please let us know what you find out VeeDubTDI. Thanks

Indycar

TDI
1998 Beetle TDI 5 Speed
Never bought a car from you yet Chris. You and your family are in my prayers and wish you a speedy recovery.

tdireader

Veteran Member
TDI
TDI
Chris wasn't looking all that well when I picked up my car 3 weeks ago.

Unfortunately, I think the guy works too hard.

He did a great job on getting my vehicle and I wish him well.
Hope he pulls through.

Dodoma

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Jetta White
Although I do not know Chris, but my prayers for his speedy recovery.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I just got off the phone with the sales manager at Langhorne who indicates that Chris is recovering (YAY!) but will remain in the hospital until his condition is stabilized. He's going to call me back this afternoon with more details and I will post them here as soon as I receive them.

bateau

TDI
2013 JSW TDI DSG/Pano
That's good news. I was working on a deal with Chris before he fell ill. Shame I may not meet him in person when we pick up the car.

XSSV

TDI
'13 Jetta Sportwagen
Chris, I hope you get well soon our prayers are with you.

Jetter_Sprinta

Veteran Member - TDIClub Contributor
TDI
2 Peeps sharing 1 UseYerName//an array of cars
I only had one dealing with Chris but was, as I'm sure anyone who has met him, very impressed! He is definitely one of the hardest working guys in the car business.

Get Well Soon!

Analogeezer

Veteran Member
TDI
2013 Jetta Sportwagen 6MT
Just a heads up Chris is in the hospital right now with some serious medical problems. If you are looking for a deal or were working a deal I would just call the dealership directly at 1-866-578-6331.
Wow that's a big drag, I bought my car from Chris back in March and he was a real gem to deal with, knew his stuff, took his time, great deal, etc.

I have to say I'm not surprised, he was not a healthy looking guy by any means, hopefully he has a full recovery and then gets more healthy.

Best wishes Chris!

Analogeezer

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I just got back from visiting Chris in the hospital. He's doing okay and slowly recovering. He can't talk right now because of the tracheotomy and breathing machine. He's due to spend another five days in the CCU as he recovers.

I passed on well wishes from TDIClub and he instructed me to pass on his current deals at Langhorne! (I guess he never stops with the deals :eek: ;))

dswartz@haottmotorcars.com (GM of Langhorne VW)

Passat TDIs: $2000 dealer cash + $1000 discount

or

$1500 dealer cash (? can't read his writing too well) + 0.9% for up to 66 months + $1000 discount.

bateau

TDI
2013 JSW TDI DSG/Pano
Passat TDIs: $2000 dealer cash + $1000 discount

or

$1500 dealer cash (? can't read his writing too well) + 0.9% for up to 66 months + $1000 discount.
Glad to hear he's on the mend. Shame this deal is for Passat only. I'm finalizing a deal with Langhorne on a Sportwagen. $2500 off invoice would be a steal.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
Last month they had a similar deal on the other TDIs. You can probably come close.

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
So glad to hear Chris is on the mend. Thanks for the update VeeDub.

This is the second serious bout for Chis in just a few years. Chris - you really need to stop scaring us like this! If I didn't know better, I'd think it was some marketing ploy to gain market share! :)

Tim

Borsig

Vendor , w/Business number
TDI
2015 Golf TDI SE, 2015 GSW SEL (buyback), 2011 JSW (sold)
That sucks. Chris works way too hard , hes a big guy to boot. Never a good combination. The man can sell cars on reputation alone. I've never met a slaes person that sells any thing more honest and direct.

I hope he recovers.

Im not sure I want to buy a car from anyone else

VeeDubTDI

TDI
He should be getting out of the hospital on Sunday if all goes well... then a few weeks of rehab and light duty, I would suspect. :)

bateau

TDI
2013 JSW TDI DSG/Pano
Certainly wish him speedy recovery. The guys at Langhorne are dragging their feet on honoring one of his deals with me. I'm in a week-long "gotta ask sales manager, oh he's not here today, oh let me twist numbers" mess with them. About to throw in a towel and move to a different dealer.

VeeDubTDI

TDI
I guess the other guys don't want to move any product. :confused:

oswegoPD

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Passat TSI, 2013 Passat 6M sold, 2012 Jetta Premium DSG sold, 2004 Jetta GL 5M (sold)
Picked up my new Passat from Langhorne over the weekend. Chris got me a great deal the end of May. Love the new car. Thanks again Chris. I hope you have a speedy recovery and get back to offering great deals to the club.

TDI_PA

TDI
2012 Jetta Premium w/Nav 6spd
Hey everyone....i bought a car from Chris 18 months and we have stayed in touch. Chris is a really great guy, who has been 100% dedicated to everyone here. I am in no position to faciliate at this point, but would anyone have an interest in pulling together to get something for Chris?

Just a little something so he knows we are all thinking about him?

Tarbe

Veteran Member
TDI
Touareg and Sportwagon Sold to VW
Hey everyone....i bought a car from Chris 18 months and we have stayed in touch. Chris is a really great guy, who has been 100% dedicated to everyone here. I am in no position to faciliate at this point, but would anyone have an interest in pulling together to get something for Chris?

Just a little something so he knows we are all thinking about him?

You can count me in.

Tim

TDI_PA

TDI
2012 Jetta Premium w/Nav 6spd
Just to let everyone know, I received a text message from Chris this morning that he will be leaving the hospital today and headed over to Philly for some rehab....sounds like things are on the up and up!!!!! :)