Champagne performance on a beer budget

nokivasara

Veteran Member
TDI
Tiguan 4-motion, Golf mk7
On page 23 there´s some talk about a delayed switch and diodes but I don't understand what they´re talking about :) Didn´t see a schematic tho..

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Somebody please post a pic of this, I want to try this but, not sure of what, where, etc is being talked about. On my injector pump, the connector is a black rectangle, that doesn't look like you can to mod it in anyway.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
03... Faster than yours =]
sullyTDI said:
Somebody please post a pic of this, I want to try this but, not sure of what, where, etc is being talked about. On my injector pump, the connector is a black rectangle, that doesn't look like you can to mod it in anyway.
Read through the thread, it's ALL in here somewhere.. It's a very basic, and simple wiring mod.. If it seems too complicated, then your best bet is to have someone else put it in for you..

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
TDIJetta99 said:
Read through the thread, it's ALL in here somewhere.. It's a very basic, and simple wiring mod.. If it seems too complicated, then your best bet is to have someone else put it in for you..
No photos except for diagrams of the way different people hooked up the resistors.

I have read the posts, i have no problem doing the mod, just would like a picture of where you are saying pin 2 & 3 are. (under this) behind that, are in here)

I am new to vw's, (Got it 5 months ago) and don't like the idea of screwing up my injection pump possibly.

Are you talking about jumping the pins at the ECU?

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
the connector you're looking for is a 10 wire connector going to the injection pump. There is only one connector going to the pump. wire positions 1 and 2 are the ones you need to mess with.. You don't mod the connector, just the wiring.. piggy back a wire onto #1, to the resistor, to a small switch, then back to a piggy back connection on #2.. Done. Just remember to flip the switch back off when you turn off the car.. If the switch is on with the key on, engine off it will toss codes for the quantity adjuster..

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
TDIJetta99 said:
the connector you're looking for is a 10 wire connector going to the injection pump. There is only one connector going to the pump. wire positions 1 and 2 are the ones you need to mess with.. You don't mod the connector, just the wiring.. piggy back a wire onto #1, to the resistor, to a small switch, then back to a piggy back connection on #2.. Done. Just remember to flip the switch back off when you turn off the car.. If the switch is on with the key on, engine off it will toss codes for the quantity adjuster..
I got it, I was thinking about the plug on the injection pump, I was like, dang, how is anyone doing this......

I see the other end plug down in front of the motor, a buger to get to it looks like, but only about 14" from the injection pump end.

guess you unplug it, mod it, and plug it back up and go have fun.

I think I saw earlier in the thread how to Id the pins. Thanks for the patient help.

Will take photos when I do it.

TDIJetta99

Top Post Dawg
TDI
the connector has numbers that identify the pins.. they are small but they are there.. It might be easier to mod the wiring on the wire harness side of the connector.. That's how I did mine.

sullyTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Jetta TDI
Just wanted to bump this post

Live4SPD,

The 10-pin harness is almost directly behind the oil filter cartridge, when facing the engine from the front of the car.

The pin #'s are clearly labeled on both sides of the harness...

Just want to bump this post since I had trouble finding it....

TDI
2.5 a4 quattro
I HAVE read, read, read, read this thread and I DO want to mod my vehicle yet I can only see the 1.9 and can't find a straight answer about the 2.5 engine, thats why I asked

PaPa Bulldog

Veteran Member
TDI
1998 Jetta Boost Master
I did the evry mod, and have one problem. I wired the switch in series with pin 2 + 3. Now when I switch off the mod it either kills the motor if I'm not moving or if I'm going down the road there is no throttle. So basically it's on or nothing:( Should I move the switch to pin 3 and one end of the resistor??? I want to be able to drive with or with out even though I know I will always be into the throttle. I thank anyone who has suggestions

Papa Bulldog

mr.mindless

Veteran Member
TDI
2002 Galactic Blue Jetta GLS
are you saying that you wired it such that with the switch off either pin 2 or 3 are disconnected from the harness? um, yeah, that's a bad idea.

greenskeeper

Top Post Dawg
TDI
1998 Jetta TDI
PaPa Bulldog said:
I did the evry mod, and have one problem. I wired the switch in series with pin 2 + 3. Now when I switch off the mod it either kills the motor if I'm not moving or if I'm going down the road there is no throttle. So basically it's on or nothing:( Should I move the switch to pin 3 and one end of the resistor??? I want to be able to drive with or with out even though I know I will always be into the throttle. I thank anyone who has suggestions

Papa Bulldog
You have to have the switch w/ resistor wired so that with the switch off the signal is still going through the IP. Sounds like you have the IP eliminated from the circuit with the switch off which is giving you the problem you describe.

pin 2 = from switch = to IP

pin 3 = to switch = to IP

TDI
Seat Leon TDi SE
hey im new here :)

i found this via the UK seatcupra website, and have been looking though all the info for a few days.

Does anybody happen to have a photo of how they did theres?

I have a 1K Potentiometer, like 10m of wire, and a red LED.

Do i need anything else, how do you make them turn on and off? This is where im getting confused.

Any help would be fantastic as im getting a headache over this, so I would be very grateful

thanks

rob

perrone

Veteran Member
TDI
1999.5 Jetta
You will need a switch. I bought one from RadioShack. Just sauder wires from the switch to the potentiometer and then the potentiometer to the harness as stated by the OP. I cut a hole in one the the pieces right below my center vents where the options i don't have would go, and stuck the switch in there.

I like having the potentiometer because you can adjust it as you see fit instead of using resistors and swapping them out (and buying more)

brightsideteeem said:
hey im new here :)

i found this via the UK seatcupra website, and have been looking though all the info for a few days.

Does anybody happen to have a photo of how they did theres?

I have a 1K Potentiometer, like 10m of wire, and a red LED.

Do i need anything else, how do you make them turn on and off? This is where im getting confused.

Any help would be fantastic as im getting a headache over this, so I would be very grateful

thanks

rob

MnM

TDI
TDI 110
Hello, im new here! :D
I found this site while googling a bit on evry mod, its a realy nice site!

Anyways, i have a Golf mk4 110ps, im tempted to make this mod to my car.. i already bought all the things:

470ohm resistance
2.2k pot.
and a switch

Also i've already wired the things according to this scheme i saw whille googling:

Can anyone tell me if this is right?
Dont mind the language..

And if this is right, now were can i find the right place to connect at the 2 and 3 pins?
Can anyone post a screen or something of the fuel harness?

I would be very apreciated.. thanks!

Cheers!

Last edited:

KADOOMENT95

Vince Waldon said:
Nope, this is a "fool the engine management computer" mod, and the AAZ has no computer.
OK, good to know. Thanks a lot.
I'm kinda worried about doing it on a TDI though, I've heard it can be kinda rough on it after a while...

MnM

TDI
TDI 110
Ok guys so i need a bit more of help, i finaly made it workd in my car, i can notice a diference already.. my 2 gear looks like a mustang engine pulling my car.. however what i want to know is how can i adjust the pot..

Should i leave it where the engine shivers a bit or should i let it were the engine is not shivering but if if you move it a bit more it starts to shiver?

Another thing, can i leave it on all the time if im not going past 2k rpm?
I mean, i want to know if it will damage something if im not going to fully use the power everytime but still leave it on.. for example if i drive slowly with evry on will it make any diference?

Thanks for the help!

Last edited:

Pugsley

Veteran Member
TDI
2003 Beetle
Think of this mod working like this: you know when you push the pedal all the way to the floor? will this mod lets you push it through the floor.

You can put it wherever you like. the smoother it idles the less power it will make.

I would not use it all the time, but that me. I have mine set up for massive power and only use it once in a blue moon (or when somebody is too close to my rear).

I have a boost and EGT gauge installed and when activated it will spike the turbo hard and also the EGTs will shoot up like a rocket. Now it still did that when i had it turned down, just not as violently/quickly.

I would not use this for massive power unless you can monitor the vitals of the turbo system. I know mine makes so much power the clutch won't hold in 3rd gear. Other then this mod I am stock.

MnM

TDI
TDI 110
I have it configured to have a rather low power i guess, because im not smoking that much and my engine is not shivering at all when on idle.

I had that feeling that the EGT's would spike using this because more fuel pumping more heat generated soo highter EGT's.. never tought about the turbo doing the same. And the stock turbo isnt realy that "fancy".. i mean tiny vnt15 is rather fragile.. im having second thoughts on using this mod :eek:

I mean, im not realy in the mood to buy a new turbo anytime soon..

Last edited:

NB_TDi

Vendor
TDI
2014 Jetta SE
For anyone interested here is my version of the mod.

This allows for two different mods. Slight power and MOAR POWARRR!. There is also a transistor that controls the LED indicator light.

I have no idea if it works, but I will be making this on perf-board and testing it. I'll let everyone know my results.

Last edited:

Berniem

Veteran Member
TDI
2004 BEW-Jetta-My son 03ALH
evry mod

Can anyone put a pot with wires & clips together & I would be glad to send you a few bucks for your work, time, & shipping? Thanks Bernie

Hades

TDI
2003 Jetta GLS TDI
Here's my experience after Evrying my 03 Jetta:

I'm going to go through these tires a lot faster than I hoped. :(
My fuel mileage is going to drop significantly. :(
Time to make my boost/egt gauges... :)

In other words...VERY satisfying, considering it cost me $15US. :D
Although, I'm going to have to completely relearn my launch technique...now it's really easy to spin those tires in first/second. :rolleyes:

gsxr1k

TDI
2002 white golf gls, 5spd
Just did the Evry mod on my 02 Golf. I used the 470 ohm resister and a 0-1k ohm pot. No shiver or smoke and I'm down to 463 ohms. I get the eng. warning and coil flashing light if I start the car with it connected so I'm going to ad the switch. I got much bigger difference than I expected. I'm wondering how low I can go till I get the idle shiver? But of course I worry about engine damage too. No gauges or mods other than replaced muffler with a straight pipe. Should I be worried since I have no extra smoke or idle shiver?

Last edited: