CAT Filter Installed

in_shelby

Veteran Member
TDI
Jetta, 2002, black
Received the CAT Filter Kit from Greg last night and installed it. The install when very well, but getting the new clamp on was a bit of a struggle. This is not caused by Greg’s part but due to that stupid VW design. The area is tight and awkward to reach in the Jetta (2002). It takes a little pressure on the top and bottom clamps to get the screw started.
Over all, the filter adaptor is a quality piece. Thanks Greg! Drove it to work today (86 miles) and could not tell that the change had been made. It feels good to know that I am getting much cleaner fuel to my pump.

Tailchaser

TDI
Black '03 Jetta
I'm interested in this cat filter... Will it keep them from leaving footprints on my hood? Or does it keep them from sleeping on top of the tires in the wheel well?

LanduytG

Vendor
TDI
99 NB 82 Westfalia Diesel
Dennis

Glad everything went OK. If you would watch your fuel economy. Everyone that has gone to better fuel filtration on the Duramax has gotten and increase in economy. Some here that have had the Cat in their TDI for a while have seen the same thing. You drive enough miles that we will know in know time.

The tee holder is made of stainless and acts like a spring on top of the tee. It does and excellent job of holding it.

For those that want to see the finished product, here it is. The tee is in place just to show how well it fits and is held in place. Since put this filter in my NB I no longer have air in the fuel line. So it must be a better seal than the OEM.

Clamp that replaces the OEM clamp. This is made of stainless and will be shipped from now on with a stianless screw as well.

Greg

MOGolf

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2001 Golf GLS TDI Reflex silver, rough road suspension and steel skid plate, 2004 Passat Variant, Candy White, rough road suspension and geared balanced shaft module, and much, much more. 2016 LR RR HSE TD6, 2019 Jaguar I-PACE
May I make the suggestion that when this filter is installed, remove the old one, remove the holding bracket from the car (just 2 bolts), replace the clamp (loosely installed), reinstall the bracket to the car, then install the filter.

You'll find this should work better for the A4 Jetta and Golf installation due to the cramped space, compared to the NB.

Gary Miyakawa

Admin Emeritus
TDI
1998 NB TDI
This has got to be the ONLY time a NB has more room underhood for something than a Jetta/Golf !!

Can't wait for mine to get here !

Gary M

Old Navy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
None now, .
Got mine this afternoon, looks simple and straight forward. Pictures tomorrow after install, if arthritic fingers alllow.

I was behind a blk Golf today in IL, guy had what looked like airline uniform on. He pulled out to pass and I give him a moment then followed, I almost ran up his rear bumper. Thought I was going to have to give him a push, anyway he finlly got around the other car. When he finally got back into his lane, the devil made me honk as I roared on past.
I'm not sure he knew my NB was a TDI, even with my 3 "Turbo Diesel" decals on the NB.
It does not sound like a diesel at about 3000+ rpm and no muffler.