Can MAF Max Reading Limit Remap Performance

SamFromLondon

TDI
2005 Sharan Manual, 2010 A5 Coupe 3.0 TDI Tiptronic, 2007 Passat Estate 2.0 TDI DSG
Current Car: 2010 A5 3.0 TDI Tiptronic - Stage 2 Revo Tune
I am accessing my current tune and did some data logging runs. I noticed that the actual MAF readings are maxing out at 249.99 g/s. Wouldn't this affect the tune?
I was wondering if this was the set limit of my TDI make/model or whether a previous owner installed a "cheaper" MAF sensor.
Is it worth upgrading? And if so, where can I order one that fits my car?
Thanks in advance,
Sam

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
That car should use UDS protocol so it wont have the usual measuring blocks.

That 250g/s top limit is what the original MAF linearization goes at max. Weather it limits your performance or not depends on how the rest of the software is made. Changing the sensor alone wont do you any good without a remap.

Sbeghan

Veteran Member
TDI
03 Jetta Wagon 5spd 390k mi
I think Revo is a competent enough company not to make a newbie mistake like that. It can limit it, but the tuner will have bypassed the MAF limitation.

hatemi

Veteran Member
TDI
Audi A6 4F 3.0TDI
You get around 300hp without doing anything to that limit. And if you molest the duration map you can get more. And that my friend is the way most of the large shops do it. Forget the limters. Just fool the injection calibration.

SamFromLondon

TDI
2005 Sharan Manual, 2010 A5 Coupe 3.0 TDI Tiptronic, 2007 Passat Estate 2.0 TDI DSG
I did my logging using VCDS. Logging blocks are different for my ECU but my equivalent block would be "Group 9".

Thank you for your responses.