camping at the 'fest

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
camping at the \'fest

I will.
I have the site next to him for fri/sat/sun. I am driving up from Philly, I see you are from silver Spring, Md. When will you be leaving for the fest? Maybe we can caravan up there. We could meet along I95. I have friday off so I am pretty free to leave anytime.

SSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
none :-(
camping at the \'fest

Cool Thanks! I am going to go ahead and cancel my room at the hotel! That makes me feel A LOT better about blowing money and missing work to come to the fest. I will be in CT on Friday but if you want I can meet you on 95 and we can caravan from there. I'll be near Bridgeport visiting Mom, and dropping off the dog. Matt

Stealth TDI

Pre-Forum Veteran Member
TDI
2017 GTI APR Stage 3 (395 hp/376 lb-ft)
camping at the \'fest

Guys,

I've noticed there's nothing on the Agenda for Saturday after 5:30. Do we want to organize anything at the campsite? There are so many of us staying the campsite, it seems like we should do something while we're all there.

Thoughts?

Scott

PS: I'm staying with Jettafock in Y9/10.

tdi_guy

TDI
2004 Platinum Grey Jetta TDI Sport Edition
camping at the \'fest

Scott,

Some of us are thinking/planning on heading over to Mendon to catch a drive-in movie. See this thread I think this would be lots of fun if a bunch of us show up and take up a row or two.

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
camping at the \'fest

scott, there's no single event on saturday, but there will be a bunch of "fest-sponsored" trips to various boston sights. they haven't been announced yet largely because we're not sure exactly what places we'll be going to.

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
camping at the \'fest

there's nothing on the Agenda for Saturday after 5:30. Do we want to organize anything at the campsite? There are so many of us staying the campsite, it seems like we should do something while we're all there.

Thoughts?

Scott

PS: I'm staying with Jettafock in Y9/10.
Currently, I am still solo in site Y5 and looking for a 2nd TDI to share spot....I have it Fri & Sat night w/ (an assumed) option for Sunday.

Activities?...how about beer, eats & frisbee golf for starters?

I also need to cancel my hotel.

~30 days till the Fest --- yee ha!

Thomas

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
camping at the \'fest

When I booked my site I was told that Alcoholic beverages were not permitted in the Campground
That may put a damper on the Beer drinking activities DOH!

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
camping at the \'fest

if anyone is planning on camping but still has a hotel reservation, please cancel your reservation as soon as possible - we have a certain number of rooms available to us at the group rate and keeping that room until the last minute may effect a fellow forum member. thanks!

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
camping at the \'fest

When I booked my site I was told that Alcoholic beverages were not permitted in the Campground
psshaw, rules is one thing, enforcement is another

...then again, it may hunt to break out the faux root beer labels

SSTDI

Veteran Member
TDI
none :-(
camping at the \'fest

I am sticking with the hotel, if I can't drink beer at a campsite what's the point! Actually my other vacation plans fell through so I figured I'd spring for the hotel... and the beer thing too. Thanks again for the offer Leo819

tdipoet

Top Post Dawg
TDI
'11 Jetta TDI
camping at the \'fest

one benefit of the hotel is that there will be nightly 'socials' in either the fest suite or the bar, or both.
there's also a great brewpub within a stone's throw of the hotel.

whiterabbit7

Veteran Member
TDI
2000 Golf GLS 201k miles
camping at the \'fest

JettaJake, consider your site full, we'll be there friday afternoon. Can you make it in time to go to the Sam Adams brewery at 2? Then to the drag strip after that?

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
camping at the \'fest

I really want to make it to the fest but am working on a college budget. Does anyone have room at their campsite for my Jetta and tent? I would be more than happy with chipping in towards the cost.

dave

JettaJake

Veteran Member
TDI
'03 GLS 5spd
camping at the \'fest

Dave, there are already 2 TDI's on my site (Y005) and each site is limited to no more than 2 cars IIUC but I think it's a real good bet that someone will be solo and willing to share their pad even if they aren't TDI'ers. You'd be welcome to park it there and stroll over to our place to make camp.

I normally only charge the price of a 6-pack for tent space but did u say you'll help chip my ride?

T

david_594

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2000 Jetta GLS Silver
camping at the \'fest

I think i'll take a ride out there and see how things play out then.

I normally only charge the price of a 6-pack for tent space but did u say you'll help chip my ride?

T

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
camping at the \'fest

I am bringing food stuff along, but I would like to hit the local food store/costco, when I arrive. what are poepl's plans for eating? we should have our little meet and greet around the campfire.

Radman

Top Post Dawg
TDI
2014 Audi A6 TDI, 2014 Touareg TDI
camping at the \'fest

I should arrive at site around 2 or 3 friday afternoon. if the weather is good I may hit the beach for a couple hours and then probably supper at campsite. After maybe head over to the Hotel to meet the group.

Leo819

Veteran Member
TDI
Thomas C2 School Bus
camping at the \'fest

sounds like good idea, yeah I would like to set up camp then have fun