Calling electrical engineering TDI gods

Huelsdonk

TDI
2006 brm engine residing in a 1981 toyota
I have two EDC16u34 ecus with suspected bad g28 crankshaft position sensor circuits. The first ecu failed while installed in the original car, a 2006 jetta tdi. I was not the owner of the car when it failed, I just chased the problem around for a year. The second ecu was functional for appx 2 weeks and yesterday the engine gave a couple hesitations within a few minutes while driving, then the next time i went to start it took extended cranking times and vcds gives a g28 no signal code. both ecus have been immobilizer deleted as the engine is in a toyota pickup now.
I would like to send my ecu to a guru who knows how to test the circuits and tell me what has happened and why it has happened twice. I would like to talk on the phone to someone and work through my problems. This is beyond frustrating. I have also reflashed both ecus several times with several different sets of code with no positive results. Anyone who is interested please PM me a phone number or i will send mine.

mextdi

Veteran Member
TDI
2006 Jetta TDI 1.9, 2012 Passat TDI SE DSG, Previous 2014 Beetle TDi, 2012 Golf TDi DSG
Talk to Ian at Reflect Tuning. He is the most knowledgeable ECU person I know.