Buzzing N75

garciapiano

Veteran Member
TDI
1997 Jetta TDI (1Z)
I've recently noticed a loud electrical buzzing from my N75 valve that persists for a minute or two after shutoff. It doesn't always happen, which leads me to believe there is some kind of fault. Car operation is otherwise normal. Does anyone have experience with why this might be happening?

Mongler98

Top Post Dawg
TDI
98 Jetta TDI AHU 1.9L (944 TDI swap in progress) I moved so now i got nothing but an AHU in a garage on a pallet.
have you gone into limp mode or do you have any codes?
any fault with the n75 or the system around it and you will get a code. motor on until you get a code or limp mode.
i personally never heard anything from my n75 aside from its normal clicking so... cant help much. Really its only a valve that sends a signal when activated. its really a simple thing. maybe try to clean it out with come cleaner spray and light air compression and mighty vac. its possible that some crud got sucked blown or sucked into it. it will work perfectly fine with oil in the boost lines so don't worry if there is some residue. As far as i know the n75 does not get power nore does the ECU or any relays or controls once the ignition is terminated. so why its getting power i don't know. maybe its left over boost trickling out.... i have no clue. put a volt meter on it when its going this and find out if its electronic or physical. might be an issue with the ignition or a relay under the dash not cutting power.... i honestly have no clue without being there. my guess is that its an electrical issue upstream from the n75

Steve Addy

Top Post Dawg
TDI
97 Mk3
I've recently noticed a loud electrical buzzing from my N75 valve that persists for a minute or two after shutoff. It doesn't always happen, which leads me to believe there is some kind of fault. Car operation is otherwise normal. Does anyone have experience with why this might be happening?
That's odd, I've never heard them 'run on' like that after shut down.

I would pull hoses and clean it out to make sure some schmutz isn't stuck inside it.

Steve