Buyback question ~ consigner and wait times

RollingCoal

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Tdi SEL
I've been trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my buy back money so I've just had my car parked for the last two months. I decided to move forward with it this month and submitted all my documents today. I have a consigner on my loan and I'm curious if they need to be there when I physically take the car back or only to jointly sign the offer letter? My consigner is several hours away so I'm hoping not to have to make two trips.

And just for fun for someone who submitted the docs today how long until I have money in my account assuming I fill out any paperwork they send me immediately after receiving it.

DanB36

Veteran Member
TDI
2014 Q5 Prestige TDI, Monsoon Gray
Is it a cosigner (not consigner) on the loan, or a co-registrant for the car? If only the former, they don't need to sign anything in this process. If the person is also on the car's title or registration, though, they will need to sign the offer, have that notarized, and either be present at the turn-in, or give you a signed and notarized power of attorney authorizing you to take care of it.

RollingCoal

Veteran Member
TDI
2015 Golf Tdi SEL
Yeah that was some auto correct magic. Unfortunately by cosigning the loan we both ended up on the registration. Not sure if that's just the law here in Maryland or what but when the registration showed up both of our names were on it.